10x objective for 2-photon Olympus microscope?

JanTonnesen JanTonnesen

10x objective for 2-photon Olympus microscope?

Hi everyone

We are doing 2-photon calcium imaging in brain slices on a setup based on Olympus objectives. Currently we use a 20x water immersion objective, but we would like to also have a 10x water immersion one. A designated new multi-photon objective is out of our immediate budget (From Google it appears > 20K Euros). Does anyone have experience with using lower end 10x objectives for 2p calcium imaging at cellular resolution on a setup configured for Olympus objectives?

Happy holidays!
Jan Tonnesen
Michael Giacomelli-2 Michael Giacomelli-2

Re: [EXT] 10x objective for 2-photon Olympus microscope?

Hi Jan,

I like the Nikon Plan Apo Lambda 10x/0.45 NA if you can do M25 and a 60 mm
parfocal length.  There are resolution measurements in our paper (Fig. 8)
for 780 and 1030nm:

https://www.osapublishing.org/boe/fulltext.cfm?uri=boe-9-5-2457&id=386025

Mike