Acriflavine Fluorescence?

Karissa Tilbury Karissa Tilbury

Acriflavine Fluorescence?

All,

  I have a collaborator who is looking into using acriflavine as a topical
contrast agent for a transdermal microneedle injection study to quantify
the disruption and depth of penetration of the device. Has anyone ever used
this? And if so do you have any tips?

Thanks,

Karissa

--
Karissa Tilbury Ph.D
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469
Michael Giacomelli-2 Michael Giacomelli-2

Re: [EXT] Acriflavine Fluorescence?

Hi Karissa,

Acriflavine stains DNA similar to acridine orange, but is somewhat less
specific. It is relatively permeable in most tissues, so it will probably
diffuse out from the needle to some extent if that matters.

Mike