Antibody to distinguish mouse cells from human cells?

Steffen Dietzel Steffen Dietzel

Antibody to distinguish mouse cells from human cells?

Dear all,

I have a colleague who is doing co-cultures of
human and mouse cells. After some days of
co-culture and fixation, we need do determine
whether given cells are from mouse or human origin.

So far, we applied an SC-35 spicing antibody
which stains nicely most human but not mouse
nuclei. Controls show however that some human
cells are stained only very weakly. Therefore, it
would be nice to positively identify the mouse
cells by antibody-staining in a different color.
The cell lineage in question is endothelial cells.

Did anybody come across an antibody (or other
agent) that will stain mouse cells but not human cells?

Unfortunately, we cannot exploit DAPI staining
for nuclear morphology in our setting. We could
go for FISH with genomic or repetitive DNA but
antibody staining would be so much faster and easier.

Thanks for any hints

Steffen

Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
Walter-Brendel-Zentrum (WBZ)
Head of light microscopy

Building location and address for courier, parcel services etc:
Marchioninistr. 27, D-81366 München (Großhadern)

Mail room (for letters etc.):
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81366 München

Phone: +49/89/2180-76509
Fax:   +49/89/2180-76503 (please anounce incoming fax by e-mail)
skype: steffendietzel
e-mail: [hidden email] (for everything university related)
          or [hidden email]
Fredrik Wermeling Fredrik Wermeling

Re: Antibody to distinguish mouse cells from human cells?

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

Dear Dr. Dietzel

I would try to stain for the different MHC class I.

 /fredrik

--------------------------------------
Fredrik Wermeling, PhD-student
Karolinska Institutet