Blue beads for SIM calibration.

Ian Dobbie Ian Dobbie

Blue beads for SIM calibration.

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has any good source of Blue (405 excitation,
460 emission) beads for calibrating SIM systems. We have some of the
PSF spec 170 nm beads from invitrogen but really struggling to get
enough signal from the beads. The system has an air objective so the 170
nm beads are still sub resolution.

We previously had a brilliant sample of 100 nm beads fro Duke scientific
but they stopped producing them at least a decade ago.

Thanks

Ian
simon walker (BI)-2 simon walker (BI)-2

Re: Blue beads for SIM calibration.

Our flow team were asked to beta test CPNs  https://www.streambio.co.uk/ which I also tested for SIM calibration.
They worked very well, especially for the 405 nm laser where we'd previously struggled to find anything bright enough.
Simon
(no commercial interest).