CZI announces funding for BioImaging North America - hoorah!

Alison J. North-2 Alison J. North-2

CZI announces funding for BioImaging North America - hoorah!

Dear fellow imaging scientists,
As many of you know, over the past couple of years we have been working hard to establish BioImaging North America (BINA), a network inspired by our friends and colleagues around the world within their national microscopy networks as well as by international networks such as Global BioImaging.  We are thrilled to share that the CZI announced yesterday funding to support our grass roots organization and work with us to take it to the next level:
https://chanzuckerberg.com/newsroom/czi-funds-advances-in-biomedical-imaging/
We are so excited to work together with you all to promote all kinds of new opportunities here in North America – exchange of expertise and experience, working towards improved quality control of instruments and data, remote training schemes, testing new technologies, mentoring, education, collaborations – and are truly delighted to have the keen support and financial backing of the CZI to push this forward.
On behalf of the BINA executive committee we want to thank all of our BINA members who have jumped into this endeavor with us and shown such enormous enthusiasm.  In particular, we want to thank the chairs and members of our intrepid Working Groups, and our brave and fabulous first corporate partners, who helped us to kick start this initiative.  We know that it was the enthusiastic joint efforts of our community and the enormous potential for amplifying growth and opportunities demonstrated by such networks worldwide that captured the attention and backing of the CZI. So, we also want to send out a big thank you to all of our friends and colleagues worldwide who have encouraged us to move forward, and provided such valuable advice and collegial support along the way.  We look forward to interacting with you all the more, now that we will have dedicated personnel.
A huge thanks to the CZI of course – and please watch this space, as we will soon be advertising exciting new positions as a result of this funding!!  Also, we encourage all of our North American colleagues, both academic and commercial, to hop on board and join BINA, if you haven’t done so already.  It’s free and there is truly no down side to joining us, particularly now that we actually have some money to spend on our initiatives!
Also, a massive congratulations to all of the fantastic recipients of the CZI imaging scientist awards, including my BINA co-chair Claire Brown from Canada.  (She asked me to take this last bit out, but I’m ignoring her.)  What an inspiring collection of imaging projects and ideas - we can’t wait to see what will transpire from them all!
All the best,
Alison, on behalf of the BINA Executive Committee
https://www.bioimagingna.org/