Creative Solutions for Hardware Interlock with iLab?

Josh Rappoport Josh Rappoport

Creative Solutions for Hardware Interlock with iLab?

Hi all
Does anyone have experience setting up Hardware Interlock for iLab for
instruments without external computer monitors?
Happy to chat offline if you prefer
Thanks!
Josh
Chad Johnson-3 Chad Johnson-3

Re: Creative Solutions for Hardware Interlock with iLab?

Hi Josh

We have considered a few options but have yet to implement. One is a relay switch that can control low voltage equipment. For example a secondary shutter in the beam line of a multiphoton.

I even had an enquiry if we could use it to control an annoying flashing light that is on when the Kiosk has not been started and alert staff that there wasn't a valid booking.

https://www.controlbyweb.com/relays/ are iLab compatible. We have tested these and they work well.

Happy to chat more about this.

Chad