Differential polarization attachment for LSMs

Gabor Steinbach Gabor Steinbach

Differential polarization attachment for LSMs

Dear LSM User,

I am turning to you on behalf of a small spin-off company, associated
with the Biological
Research Center (BRC) of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged.
As part of our market research, we would like to ask your opinion on the
possible use
of polarization spectroscopic tools in LSMs.

Please kindly fill in and return to us the following short questionnaire
(put a + or x sign):

Do you use polarized light in LSM imaging?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Are you interested in imaging differential polarization quantities?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If yes, please indicate importance (0: do not know, 1 not important, 5:
very important)
[ ] LD (linear dichroism)
[ ] FDLD (fluorescence detected linear dichroism)
[ ] r (anisotropy of the emitted light – upon non-polarized excitation)
[ ] P (degree of polarization of the fluorescence)
[ ] LB (linear birefringence)
[ ] CD (circular dichroism)
[ ] FDCD (fluorescence detected circular dichroism)
[ ] CPL (circular polarization of luminescence)
[ ] other, please specify: .............

Would you like to know more about DP measurements in (confocal) LSMs?
[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Please describe your field of interest and the problem in which
polarization and/or DP imaging might be of use:

Thank you for your help, please send your answers/comments to [hidden email]
For more information DP imaging, including biological applications,
please visit the website: www.brc.hu/dplsm

Sincerely yours,
Prof Gyozo Garab, Dr. Istvan Pomozi, Gabor Steinbach
Biological Research Center
Szeged, Hungary
Nina Allen Nina Allen

Re: Differential polarization attachment for LSMs

On 9/26/07 11:43 AM, "Gabor Steinbach" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear LSM User,
>
> I am turning to you on behalf of a small spin-off company, associated
> with the Biological
> Research Center (BRC) of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged.
> As part of our market research, we would like to ask your opinion on the
> possible use
> of polarization spectroscopic tools in LSMs.
>
> Please kindly fill in and return to us the following short questionnaire
> (put a + or x sign):
>
> Do you use polarized light in LSM imaging?
> [x ] Yes
> [ ] No
>
> Are you interested in imaging differential polarization quantities?
> [ ] Yes
> [x ] No
>
> If yes, please indicate importance (0: do not know, 1 not important, 5:
> very important)
> [ ] LD (linear dichroism)
> [ ] FDLD (fluorescence detected linear dichroism)
> [ ] r (anisotropy of the emitted light ­ upon non-polarized excitation)
> [ ] P (degree of polarization of the fluorescence)
> [ ] LB (linear birefringence)
> [ ] CD (circular dichroism)
> [ ] FDCD (fluorescence detected circular dichroism)
> [ ] CPL (circular polarization of luminescence)
> [ ] other, please specify: .............
>
> Would you like to know more about DP measurements in (confocal) LSMs?
> [ ] Yes
> [ x] No
>
> Please describe your field of interest and the problem in which
> polarization and/or DP imaging might be of use:
> .I am about to retire...would be interested in knowing what you are working on

> Thank you for your help, please send your answers/comments to [hidden email]
> For more information DP imaging, including biological applications,
> please visit the website: www.brc.hu/dplsm
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Prof Gyozo Garab, Dr. Istvan Pomozi, Gabor Steinbach
> Biological Research Center
> Szeged, Hungary

Nina Stromgren Allen
Professor, Department of Plant Biology
Director, Cellular and Molecular Imaging Facility
Past Chair of the Faculty
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7612
919-515-3525, 5-8382,5-2279