Frap and bacteia

Elaine Kunze Elaine Kunze

Frap and bacteia

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Has anyone tried FRAP in bacteia?  I have a user who wants to FRAP GFP.  We have an Olympus 1000 and I'm not sue we can get the spot size small enough.  Hints/Comments/Discouraging words?

Elaine Kunze
Flow Cytometry and Imaging Facility
Huck Institutes of the Life Science
319 Life Sciences Building
Penn State University
University Park, PA 16802
http://www.huck.psu.edu/facilities/cytometry-up/
814-863-2762

Jennifer Waters Jennifer Waters

Re: Frap and bacteia

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

It's tricky but we've done it using the Photonic Instruments Micropoint FRAP laser and collecting widefield images with a Nikon TE2000 (100x 1.4 NA).  You definitely need a diffraction limited spot.

Jennifer

On 9/13/07, Elaine Kunze <[hidden email]> wrote:
Search the CONFOCAL archive at <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal" target="_blank"> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
Has anyone tried FRAP in bacteia?  I have a user who wants to FRAP GFP.  We have an Olympus 1000 and I'm not sue we can get the spot size small enough.  Hints/Comments/Discouraging words?

Elaine Kunze
Flow Cytometry and Imaging Facility
Huck Institutes of the Life Science
319 Life Sciences Building
Penn State University
University Park, PA 16802
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.huck.psu.edu/facilities/cytometry-up/" target="_blank"> http://www.huck.psu.edu/facilities/cytometry-up/
814-863-2762

--
Jennifer Waters, Ph.D.
Director, Nikon Imaging Center at Harvard Medical School