I would appreciate if you can pass this job to anybody who might be
*Job Title: Light Microscopy Imaging Specialist*
We are seeking a highly skilled imaging specialist for the Cell Biology and
Imaging Analysis (CBIA) core facility at the Faculty of Medicine of
University of Ottawa. Our facility provides access to advanced imaging
techniques such as live, high- and super-resolution imaging as well as
high-throughput microscopy. The CBIA core offers support from sample
preparation to image analysis and is accessed by a broad community
including cell biologists, neuroscientists, virologists, pathologists, and
engineers. The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will be
to work with the facility manager to provide extensive training and
advanced technical assistance to users of the facility as well as maintain
the instrumentation and its associated infrastructure.
It is expected that the successful candidate will design, apply and
interpret a variety of complex microscopy experiments from image
acquisition to image analysis; will continue to improve and expand their
expertise to develop more advanced imaging protocols across a variety of
platforms (Zeiss, Leica, Quorum, and Deltavision); and will continue to
expand their skills in image analysis.
1) User training (entry level to advanced)
2) Image analysis support (Imaris, Fiji, create macros with
CellProfiler and Matlab,)
3) Routine and meticulous maintenance of instruments
4) Work with manager to monitor equipment access
5) Maintain and update CBIA web page
6) Participate in the development of outreach activities and core
1. Graduate level training (PhD preferred or equivalent experience) with
solid background in light microscopy.
2. Extensive experience with epifluorescence and confocal microscopy.
3. Extensive experience with immunostaining.
4. High level experience with Image Analysis (Fiji, Imaris, Matlab)
5. Ability to learn new and demanding techniques.
6. Adaptable and detail-oriented
7. Coding in Python and Matlab will be an asset.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will include access to the
University of Ottawa benefit and pension plans*
To apply, submit by e-mail a cover letter and CV highlighting your relevant
experience to [hidden email].
*Deadline*: July 23rd, 2021
Informal inquiries can also be directed by e-mail to Dr. Copeland, director
of the CBIA