LEICA DMRE second serial port and epifluorescence shutter control

Cohen, Ethan D Cohen, Ethan D

LEICA DMRE second serial port and epifluorescence shutter control

I have a Leica  MP (SP2 vintage) multiphoton which controls a Leica DMRE upright motorized microscope stage via your typical RS232 serial port on the mid back scope panel.

Q1: Is there any way to make the multiphoton SW control the DMRE upright epifluorescence light like you can do on a DMIRB  inverted scope which has a shutter built on the arc lamphouse?

I have seen various Leica MP confocal rigs with the shutters and a fiber optic couplers connected to their DMRE fluorescence lamphouse ports.

The Leica DMRE microscope body seems to have a second serial port on the back bottom?  I am wondering if this serial port could control a RS232 Uniblitz shutter?

Thanks, Ethan

Ethan Cohen, Ph.D.
Div of Biomedical Physics, WO62 Rm 1204
Office of Science and Engineering Labs,
FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health
White Oak Federal Res Ctr.
10903 New Hampshire Ave.
Silver Spring, MD 20993
Web: http://go.usa.gov/cegV3