Leica SP5 error message

Edrun Andrea Schnell Edrun Andrea Schnell

Leica SP5 error message

Hi everyone!

We have a problem with our pretty new Leica SP5 confocal microscope. We
are not able to open z stack images in the offline version (we have the
1.7.0 version of the software). We get this error message:

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105
(RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

The strange thing is, it works on my computer, but not on the 4 others we
have tried (including the computer of the leica representative that is
here today). We have tried changing dongles, installing it with different
dongles, with and without firewall, everything works on my computer, but
not on the other 4. We have the same version of windows, the only
difference is that I have norwegian language on mine (which actually is
not supposed to work - but it does...)

Have anyone else experienced this problem? We'll be happy for any input
about this!

Best regards,

Edrun Andrea Schnell
Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Dept. of Physics
Sven Terclavers-2 Sven Terclavers-2

Re: Leica SP5 error message

This looks rather a windows-problem than a Leica-software problem to me. Do
the other pc's have full administrator rights?  I might be completely wrong,
but for as far as I know, very often these errors occur when software cannot
access certain registry keys. With access I mean, reading is enabled, though
writing not.

Sven Terclavers

Edrun Andrea Schnell Edrun Andrea Schnell

Re: Leica SP5 error message

We have tried to log on as administrators as well, it doesn't work either.

Edrun A. Schnell

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Sven Terclavers wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> This looks rather a windows-problem than a Leica-software problem to me. Do
> the other pc's have full administrator rights?  I might be completely wrong,
> but for as far as I know, very often these errors occur when software cannot
> access certain registry keys. With access I mean, reading is enabled, though
> writing not.
>
> Sven Terclavers

Michael Weber-4 Michael Weber-4

Re: Leica SP5 error message

Hi Edrun,

we do have an installation of LAS AF 1.7.0 offline on XP 32bit (english)
as well, and so far it works fine.

If it works on your machine, the most obvious test would be to set one
of the other computers to norwegian language as well. Did you try that
already?

Maybe all the other XP installations were done in the same - special? - way.

cheers,
Michael

Edrun Andrea Schnell wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> We have tried to log on as administrators as well, it doesn't work either.
>
> Edrun A. Schnell
>

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Sven Terclavers wrote:
>
>> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
>>
>> This looks rather a windows-problem than a Leica-software problem to me. Do
>> the other pc's have full administrator rights?  I might be completely wrong,
>> but for as far as I know, very often these errors occur when software cannot
>> access certain registry keys. With access I mean, reading is enabled, though
>> writing not.
>>
>> Sven Terclavers

Schebique Schebique

Re: Leica SP5 error message

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Message

Hi.

When you have problems like this, it is always good idea to google your problem.
In my opinion an error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105
>> (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)) is given becouse of some bug in some COM object and bad object handling in the programe code. I am not programator, but I think you should report this error to Leica. This error is combination of bad behavior of  Object libraries and wrong handling in the programme code.

Switching windows to norwegian language is IMHO nonsense.

Hope you solve your problem soon.

Ondřej Šebesta
Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague
Vinicna 7
128 44 Prague
Czech Republic

Phone: +420 2 2195 1943
e-mail: [hidden email]

Edrun Andrea Schnell wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> We have tried to log on as administrators as well, it doesn't work
> either.
>
> Edrun A. Schnell
>

> On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Sven Terclavers wrote:
>
>> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
>>
>> This looks rather a windows-problem than a Leica-software problem to
>> me. Do the other pc's have full administrator rights?  I might be
>> completely wrong, but for as far as I know, very often these errors
>> occur when software cannot access certain registry keys. With access
>> I mean, reading is enabled, though writing not.
>>
>> Sven Terclavers

Hi again!

We have tried with other norwegian computers, but it doesn't work
then either...
Googling the error message was the first thing we did, but since we are
not programmers either, the hits didn't say us much. A Leica
representative is actually here now, and we are in contact with the
service department there, but they don't know why it is like this.

I see that I was a bit inaccurate in my first mail. We can open the z
stacks, but we can't process them, for instance make 3D projections, which
is what we want to do.

Regards,
Edrun A. Schnell

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Michael Weber wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Hi Edrun,
>
> we do have an installation of LAS AF 1.7.0 offline on XP 32bit (english)
> as well, and so far it works fine.
>
> If it works on your machine, the most obvious test would be to set one
> of the other computers to norwegian language as well. Did you try that
> already?
>
> Maybe all the other XP installations were done in the same - special? - way.
>
> cheers,
> Michael
>

> Edrun Andrea Schnell wrote:
> > Search the CONFOCAL archive at
> > http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
> >
> > We have tried to log on as administrators as well, it doesn't work either.
> >
> > Edrun A. Schnell
> >

> > On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Sven Terclavers wrote:
> >
> >> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
> >> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
> >>
> >> This looks rather a windows-problem than a Leica-software problem to me. Do
> >> the other pc's have full administrator rights?  I might be completely wrong,
> >> but for as far as I know, very often these errors occur when software cannot
> >> access certain registry keys. With access I mean, reading is enabled, though
> >> writing not.
> >>
> >> Sven Terclavers

Well, then obviously your systems have something special that the LAS AF
does not expect. The Leica programmer(s) should know how to fix this.
Might be worth to send one of the computers to Leica, or to bring the
programmer in, if you already payed for so many licenses. Or use better
software ;).

cheers,
Michael