MRS-4 calibration

jlribas jlribas

MRS-4 calibration

Hi all,
Our Core Facility adquired recently a magnification reference standard NIST and NPL traceable. The model is MRS-4 and in the specifications says that it is suitable for instrument calibration (TEM, SEM, Optical microscopy, etc..). The sample has been tested in one SEM microscope following the ASTM E766-98. As it allways happens, the ASTM for optical microscopy is weaker than for electron microscopy.
If someone has any experience with this MRS-4 in the calibration of any tipe of optical microscopes I would be very pleased.
Another question that come into my mind is what it happens with immersion oil objetives, since this sample is not covered by any coverslip.

Thank you very much to everybody.

--
Juan Luis Ribas
Servicio de Microscopía