New England Cytometry Annual Meeting Registration and Hotel Information

Konz, Richard Konz, Richard

New England Cytometry Annual Meeting Registration and Hotel Information

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal New England Cytometry Annual Meeting Registration and Hotel Information

Greetings everyone:

If you are planning to attend the New England Cytometry Users Group Annual meeting [see below] and are traveling from out of town, please consider registering and making hotel reservations very soon.  The Head of the Charles River regatta is the weekend after our meeting and hotels are filling up quickly.  Here is a reasonably priced hotel near the "T" [subway] line with direct access to our meeting venue [Kendall Square stop]  http://www.hoteltria.com/

Once you are on the "T" you will have access to all of Boston's scenic attractions.

Hope to see you in October.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

-Rich

I am very pleased to announce the New England Cytometry Users Group annual meeting "Current Research in Flow and Image Cytometry" which will be held on October 18th, 2007 from 9 am - 5 pm at the Boston Marriot Cambridge Center. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/boscb-boston-marriott-cambridge/

We have an excellent line up of speakers this year:

C. Bruce Bagwell, MD, Ph.D. - Verity Software House
“Probability State Models: A new paradigm for cytometry analysis”
http://www.vsh.com/

Anne E. Carpenter, Ph.D. - MIT Broad Institute
"Extracting information from biological images"
http://www.broad.mit.edu/about/bios/bio-carpenter.html

Zbigniew Darzynkiewicz, MD, Ph.D. - New York Medical College
"Cytometric assessment of DNA damage".
http://www.darzynkiewicz.com/zbigniew/

Charles [Chuck] Goolsby, Ph.D. - Northwestern University
"Monitoring Signal Transduction Pathways in Hematopoietic Malignancies"
http://www.basic.northwestern.edu/sharedresources/flowcytometry/Staff.html

JeanMarie Houghton, MD, Ph.D. - UMASS Medical School
TBA
http://www.umassmed.edu/gastro/faculty/houghton.cfm
Howard Shapiro, MD
TBA
http://www.shapirolab.com/
Simon Watkins, Ph.D. - University of Pittsburg School of Medicine
“Imaging Immunology: Dendritic Cell Chitchat”
http://www.cbp.pitt.edu/faculty/watkins.html
Please check our web site for meeting updates http://www.bostoncytometry.org
To register, send a check payable to THE NEW ENGLAND USERS GROUP FOR CYTOMETRY in the amount of $60.00 per attendee to my attention at the address below.

Registration is due no later than 12 October, 2007.
Please provide the following information with your check [Please print this email and enclose it with your check. Sorry, we are not able to accept credit cards].

NAME:_______________________________________
COMPANY:___________________________________
ADDRESS:____________________________________
EMAIL:_______________________________________
This promises to be a great NECyto meeting with a terrific line up of speakers at a very nice venue.
Best regards and looking forward to see you in October!
-Rich
Richard F. Konz, Jr.
President, New England Cytometry Users Group
Assistant Professor
Department of Medicine
Graduate Faculty, Immunology and Virology Program
Director, Flow Cytometry Core Facility
UMass Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North
Room: S5-322