Nomarski scattering

Spurmanis, Aleks Spurmanis, Aleks

Nomarski scattering

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
Hi everyone,

I just got in a request to measure Nomarski scattering to compare the roughnesss of some gold-coated surface specimens.  I have a Zeiss LSM 510 equipped with DIC optics.  Does anyone know of a good ref that I can follow to do this kind of analysis (or if this can even be done without specialized equipment)?

Thanks

Aleks Spurmanis
Fluorescence Core Facility Manager
National Research Council of Canada
Institute for Nutrisciences and Health
550 University Avenue INH Building
Room 324
Charlottetown PE
C1A 4P3
tel:  (902)- 566-7557
fax: (902) - 367-7539
e-mail:  [hidden email]
mmodel mmodel

Re: Nomarski scattering

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

Hi Alex:

A comprehensive reference is

Whitehouse, D. 2002. Surfaces and their measurement. Hermes Penton, London.

There is also a paper

Kagalwala, F. & Kanade, T. (2003) Reconstructing specimens using DIC microscopic images. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - Part B: Cybernetics, 33, 728 - 737.

Good luck.

Mike

Aryeh Weiss Aryeh Weiss

gridded coverslips

This subject has been raised before, but we are again having trouble finding
these. More correctly, we are having trouble find them with #1.5 thickness.
It seems that Eppendorf no longer makes them, and Matek now uses #2 thickness.
Another supplier seems to spec a very wide thickness tolerance, and at $4 per
slip, we dont want to have to measure them and discard the ones that are too
thick. Any pointers to your favorite #1.5 gridded cover-glass supplier would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
--aryeh
--