To join, leave or search the confocal microscopy listserv, go to:
Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
Olympus America is looking for two product managers to join our team! Please read on for more information and links to apply.
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM
Maintains responsibility for managing multiple Olympus Life Science products. They provide product and applications support for research microscopes and their associated peripherals. The Successful Candidate develops and executes marketing plans to successfully introduce a limited range of new microscopy product into the marketplace. They monitor and evaluate product performance and provide critical performance data to Olympus Tokyo. They provide technical support to field sales personnel and customers.
* Responsible for managing multiple Olympus Life Science products.
* Work independently acting as the primary point of contact and leader for their product mix.
* Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas, and/or product changes.
* Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, and costing special and customized orders.
* Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return-on-investment analyses, establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
* Develops and conducts technical workshops seminars and training courses for customers company and dealer personnel in product use and applications.
* Independently and continuously evaluates emerging technologies and new products for competitive analysis and potential incorporation into Olympus products or services.
* Works closely with the Group Manager, Product Managers, and Olympus Tokyo to develop new products and markets for Biological Microscope markets and propose product modifications and additions.
* Helps develop and implement business plans as a process of product development process for new products as directed by senior management.
* Supports internal and dealer-marketing functions; such as advertising and trade shows in cooperation with our Marketing Communications.
* Maintains regular communication with Olympus Tokyo key accounts application leaders and other companies to acquire technical and marketing information and digests analyzes and reports this information to senior management as appropriate.
* Monitors electronic/online sources of information as directed by senior management.
* Helps produce press releases and promotional texts and marketing materials.
* Other relevant duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in life sciences and/or marketing required. Master’s degree preferred.
* Minimum 1 year of work experience in related field.
* Knowledge of the life science research market is preferred along with experience in advanced microscopy applications such as widefield fluorescence microscopy, confocal and multiphoton microscopy, or high content screening devices.
* Marketing knowledge with some experience in life science field.
*Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment.
* Innovative and creative ability to identify and evaluate product and service ideas focusing on those that will create competitive advantage.
* Self-starter that is assertive, possesses a high degree of self-confidence and intellectual curiosity, learn quickly, exhibits a bias for action and demonstrates good professional presence.
* Comfortable working across functional areas (sales, marketing, finance, operations, etc.).
LINKS TO APPLY:
Associate Product Manager
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|