Position Available - PepsiCo, Valhalla, NY, USA

Hirdt, Nancy {PCNA} Hirdt, Nancy {PCNA}

Position Available - PepsiCo, Valhalla, NY, USA

Good Day,
PepsiCo R&D located in Valhalla NY is seeking an Associate Principal Scientist.
https://www.pepsicojobs.com/main/jobs/228772BR?lang=en-us#eaDisabled

Job Title:         R&D ANA Tech Associate Principal Scientist
Band:              Non-Exempt L09

Role:
Bring your passion and talent to our stage to share our future and deliver innovative products to our consumers.
The Associate Principal Scientist will be a member of the Analytical Foods and Beverage team and will be required to support PepsiCo's global portfolio such as foods, snacks and beverages innovation, D&A, and Agro research involving technical project management, microscopic analyses, methods and SOP development utilizing a broad range of microscopic techniques.

Accountabilities:

  *   Independently manage technical projects.
  *   Identify and define activities and timelines required to deliver analytical needs of project.
  *   Develop new methods and SOPs as necessary in support of Discovery & Application and Innovation projects.
  *   Use technical knowledge to assist R&D clients to identify and deliver analytical project requirements and perform sample analysis as needed.
  *   Manage multiple projects. Independently prioritize workload in a demanding and changing environment.
  *   Document and archive all activities during participation in multiple ongoing projects.
  *   Lead / participate in cross functional technical teams, as required to resolve business issues.

Required Skills and Qualifications:
*       MS or PhD. in Chemistry or other relevant discipline. 8-10 years professional industry experience required.
*       Experience in microscopic analysis including polarized light microscopy, scanning electron microscopy, cryo-scanning electron microscopy, and laser scanning confocal microscopy or widefield fluorescence microscopy.
*       Demonstrate hands-on experience in sample preparation techniques such as fluorescent labelling of macromolecules and chemical fixation and thin sectioning of embedded materials.
*       Knowledge of food science and relationship between food microstructure and function.
*       Experience in image analysis software such as Image J, Fuji or Image Pro.
*       Experience in atomic force microscopy, Fourier transform infrared microscopy and micro-CT a plus.
*       Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), manage clients' expectations of timing and deliverables.
*       Organizes complex information using appropriate media and presents with context and clarity.
*       Strong project management skills required.
*       Experience working effectively as a member and contributor of cross functional teams.
*       Analytical experience in Food / Beverage Company a plus.
*       Computer Skills - Office 365 including PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, Word and Excel.

R&D Culture
Our R&D organization recognizes that both the talent of our people and the scope of our impact are great, and that sharing a set of beliefs elevates our ability to reach our goals and business objectives. We encourage each other to pursue innovative solutions without fear of failure by nurturing a culture where talent development and continuous learning are key priorities. We look for and assume the best in each other. We are a global team that works collaboratively across business silos and regions to deliver meaningful outcomes, faster.

Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.

PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity

Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.

If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy

Please view our Pay Transparency Statement

TO APPLY:
https://www.pepsicojobs.com/main/jobs/228772BR?lang=en-us#eaDisabled