Re: Confocal Microscopy Core Director - Position Available

Olszak, Ivona Olszak, Ivona

Re: Confocal Microscopy Core Director - Position Available

> Please post this ad on your listserv. Thank you very much.
>
> Confocal Microscopy Core Director - Position Available
> Overall Responsibility:
> The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is seeking to hire a Director for a core
> facility dedicated to confocal and live-cell microscopy.  Candidates for the
> Director position will be Ph.D. trained scientists, preferably with
> postdoctoral experience.  We are seeking an individual with extensive
> experience with live-cell imaging and image processing. The Director will
> provide leadership for this core by advising scientists on experimental design
> and by ensuring that the facility and its instrumentation represent the
> state-of-the-art. The Director of the facility will also be responsible for
> administering day-to-day operations of the facility including monitoring the
> budget, ensuring quality control and overseeing equipment maintenance.  The
> successful candidate will be appointed to the non-tenure Research Scientist
> track at the DFCI that parallels the traditional academic track. The salary
> will be competitive.
> Qualifications:
> * Ph.D. in molecular biology or related discipline with 2-3 years
> of related scientific experience.
> * Excellent experimental and analytical skills and ability to
> solve complex problems.
> * Expert technical knowledge
> * Experience in presenting and publishing scientific data and
> research results
> * Ability to set and achieve reasonable goals; experience in core
> management, supervision and project management highly desirable
> * Excellent communication and organizational skills
> * Ability to interact with multidisciplinary scientific staff in a
> fast-paced environment required
>
> Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae to:
> Dr. David Pellman
> Dana Farber Cancer Institute
> Mayer 613. 44 Binney Street
> Boston, MA 02115
> [hidden email]

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.