Re: GSD (dSTORM) help

Verónica Labrador Verónica Labrador

Re: GSD (dSTORM) help

Dear all,

Marta and me would like to thank you for taking the time to answer our message. It is great to have the possibility to contact such a community! So good to know about both the course and Facility in Edinburgh!

We would like to put our grain of salt and recommend some papers we have found very interesting:

Dani A, Huang B, Bergan J, Dulac C, Zhuang X. Superresolution imaging of chemical synapses in the brain. Neuron. 2010;68(5):843-856. doi:10.1016/j.neuron.2010.11.021

They provide a calculation to infer the amount of localization precision loss due to the use of primary and secondary antibodies.

Leterrier C, Potier J, Caillol G, Debarnot C, Rueda Boroni F, Dargent B. Nanoscale Architecture of the Axon Initial Segment Reveals an Organized and Robust Scaffold. Cell Rep. 2015;13(12):2781-2793. doi:10.1016/j.celrep.2015.11.051

They describe a method to measure STORM localization precision using fluorescent beads.

Jimenez A, Friedl K, Leterrier C. About samples, giving examples: Optimized Single Molecule Localization Microscopy. Methods. 2020;174:100-114. doi:10.1016/j.ymeth.2019.05.008

They provide very nice info regarding STORM image reconstruction and mention a commercial buffer by Abbelight (million thanks Camille!)  that looks very promising in order to avoid blinking variability between experiments.

Stay safe!

Marta and Verónica