Re: Labview virtual instrument for Roper cascade 512B EMCCD camera?

Kevin Anderson-4 Kevin Anderson-4

Re: Labview virtual instrument for Roper cascade 512B EMCCD camera?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:39:07 -0400, John Oreopoulos
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>Does anyone by chance have a Labview VI program that can run a Roper
>Cascade 512B EMCCD camera? For example, I'm looking for a Labview Vi
>that would allow me to setup experimental conditions for the camera
>(ROIs, exposure, temperature, etc.), collect data from the camera,
>perform online math and display and store the data, etc.

I stumbled across your message just now; I've been grappling with a similar
problem.  You may have seen the Scientific Imaging Toolkit advertised at
http://www.rcubedsw.com/Labview.htm ; you may also have been told that the
software in question costs over a thousand dollars.

However, on the Photometrics website you may have seen the download for
PVcam at http://www.photomet.com/software/ .  This contains is a C DLL which
you can use with LabVIEW through a Call Library Function Node. (I assume the
aforementioned STIK simply consists preconfigured VIs that are just CLNs.)
It's a very tricky business, though; let me know if you'd like more information.

-K.