Re: Lasers for ablation of biological samples *Commercial responce*

Bob Hartley Bob Hartley

Re: Lasers for ablation of biological samples *Commercial responce*

Hi Darren.

You should be able to use a laser microdissection system like the MMI CellCut for this. As for the laser spec, you may find that nanopulse lasers of about 100 uJ may be too much power. For your 3D ablation I think a high-frequency, lower power, pico-pulse laser would be best. Like others say something about 355nm would be workable.

Its been a few years since we had a chat (MMC?) but if you want me to try on a sample let me know.

Best regards
Bob

Dr Bob Hartley
Molecular Machines & Industries AG