Re: Resolution in transmission LSM

mmodel mmodel

Re: Resolution in transmission LSM

Hello Guy:

I would very much appreciate if you send me the reference when you have
time. The result you mention is not very obvious to me because in laser
scanning, the objective and condenser sort of switch roles, and also
only a single pixel is illuminated at a time, so I thought the coherence
effects might be different. But I am not very big on theory.

Best regards,

Mike

Resolution is axiomatically the same as in regular
widefield microscopy using the same lenses and
imaging modality.  I'm in Europe right now so
can't immediately produce a reference but this
principle goes way, way back.

                                        Guy

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit,

Phone:+61 2 9351 3176    Fax:+61 2 9351 7682
http://www.guycox.net