Re: coverslips for cell culture (chambers on on plastic slides)

Shalin Mehta Shalin Mehta

Re: coverslips for cell culture (chambers on on plastic slides)

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
Hi all,

 I was looking for a low profile chamber made up of two coverslips. Ian Dobbie earlier suggested drilling holes in standard glass slides and then  making a chamber by placing coverslip on both sides as a quick solution. I think it may be easier and (safer) to do it with plastic slides - better if they are autoclavable. Any good sources of plastic autoclavable slides with low autofluorescnce?

Cheers
Shalin

On 10/27/07, Claire Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
Search the CONFOCAL archive at
<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal" target="_blank"> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

We use 35 mm glass bottom dishes from World Precision Instruments. They say
on their web page they are 0.17 mm +- 0.01 mm. They are also much cheaper
than other suppliers if you buy them in boxes of 100.

No commercial interest.

Claire

--
My co-ordinates:
Shalin Mehta, Graduate student
Mobile: +65 90694182
Sambra Redick Sambra Redick

Re: coverslips for cell culture (chambers on on plastic slides)

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Shalin,

For a non-autofluorescent, autoclavable, reusable solution, have your local machine shop make slide shaped blanks out of 1mm thick aluminum.  They can be drilled in whatever pattern you need.  Coverslips can be mounted with valap or vacuum grease.

Regards,
Sam

Sambra Redick
Program in Molecular Medicine