Survey on Bioimaging Research Data Management

Christian Schmidt Christian Schmidt

Survey on Bioimaging Research Data Management

Dear members of the Confocal Microscopy List,

in Germany, the national research data infrastructure (Nationale
Forschungsdateninfrastruktur
<https://www.dfg.de/en/research_funding/programmes/nfdi/index.html>,
NFDI) dedicated to research data management (RDM) is currently being
established. With a number of universties, Leibniz institutes, Helmholtz
centers, EMBL, incl. members from German BioImaging (GerBI-GMB) &
Euro-BioImaging & international partner initiatives (e.g., Open
Microscopy Environment OME, QUAREP-LiMi, and more), we have formed an
initiative, called NFDI4BIOIMAGE <https://nfdi4bioimage.de>, and we will
apply to the 3rd Call for NFDI consortia in September 2021.

It is our central aim to serve the research community with respect to
its /RDM needs in bioimaging, including microscopy, biophotonics and
bioimage informatics/, with a primary focus on Germany, closely aligning
with international efforts.

To help us assessing the current situation of RDM in bioimaging, we
kindly ask you to participate in our anonymous
*NFDI4BIOIMAGE Community Survey <https://nfdi4bioimage.de/en/survey>.*

We welcome contributions from all fields of research at all career
levels including research support areas.
We plan to share the survey results openly with the public.

Please forward this E-Mail to interested colleagues and retweet our
announcement on Twitter
<https://twitter.com/SchmChristian/status/1399664641480052741?s=20>.

Thank you very much for your contribution!

Yours sincerely,

Stefanie Weidtkamp-Peters (spokesperson),
Elisa May (co-spokesperson),
& Christian Schmidt (project coordinator)

on behalf of the NFDI4BIOIMAGE initiative.
--
Dr. Christian Schmidt
/Coordinator NFDI4BIOIMAGE/