Sv: Imaging for spatial transcriptomics platform ***COMMERCIAL RESPONSE***

Garner Oliver, BergmanLabora AB Garner Oliver, BergmanLabora AB

Sv: Imaging for spatial transcriptomics platform ***COMMERCIAL RESPONSE***

Hi all,

***Please note that we are the distributor of Nikon microscopes here in Sweden***

Having worked with several manufacturers and research groups working with this here in Sweden I thought it might be of interest for us to post some information.

The first configuration (>2 years ago) was Nikon Ti2 (18mm FOV) + Prior H138 with 8-slide holder + sCMOS (Zyla, Flash4, etc.) + Spectra-X
The current configuration is Nikon Ti2 (25mm FOV) + Standard motorised Nikon Ti2 stage + BI-CMOS (Sona 4.2-11 or Prime 95B 25mm) + Spectra III

In order to speed things up, the optimal configuration utilises the 25mm FOV of the Ti2 on one of the large sensor BI-CMOS cameras. One of the groups even uses a 30mm ROI on the Sona 4.2-11 as they are happy enough with the homogeneity (using CFI60 Plan Apo Lambda 20x or 40x dry lenses). We've tested several light-sources and settled on the Lumencor solutions as they have high output and specificity. We use the Semrock filters designed for the Spectra III:

https://www.semrock.com/SetDetails.aspx?id=3708
https://www.semrock.com/SetDetails.aspx?id=3655

I would prefer a different CFP/YFP/mCherry set better designed to hit the gaps in the DAPI/FITC/TRITC/CY5/CY7 set, but this is what we have at the moment.

Please note that we have a specially designed LED-only Spectra III here in the EU. The standard Spectra III has lasers in for the CY5 and CY7 lines. You can also hardware trigger (using NIDAQ) the Spectra III which will shorten the acquisition times.

We also have a couple of systems running Hamamatsu Fusion BT for higher spatial resolution (6.5µm pixels) with emission wheels for better specificity. Here, we get 22mm FOV which is also pretty good for this configuration.

Obviously, the hardware autofocus really helps with the acquisition as does using the functions found in the JOBS module of NIS-Elements.

The datasets will be large and the latest PC (HP Z4) we use has 4x 2TB SATA SSDs in RAID0 (1JQ17AV). We did come up against some issues with storage capacity on the Z4, so I'd recommend sticking to the components and configurations listed in the HP Z4 Quick Specs guide. Also, I'd recommend a Quadro RTX4000 in the acquisition workstation, but if you're going to do some NIS.ai training go with at least an RTX5000.

The above recommendations are based on our experience with NIS-Elements, using different acquisition software will have an impact on the recommended PC spec's (Intel + Nvidia vs. AMD Ryzen, etc.).

I hope this helps!

Vänlig hälsning / Kind regards
Oliver Garner
Försäljningschef / Sales Manager, BergmanLabora AB

Direct: +46 (0)8 625 18 02
E-mail: [hidden email]
www.bergmanlabora.se

Part of Addlife AB (publ)