The LCI microscopy course is available online

Sylvie Le Guyader Sylvie Le Guyader

The LCI microscopy course is available online

Dear listers

I invite you to follow the LCI facility microscopy course which starts on Tuesday.
It is live online, free of charge and there is no need to register.
I love feedback so is you listen to some lectures, please send your comments and so we can see how we can improve! 😃

Sylvie

Name of the course:
Microscopy: improve your imaging skills - from sample preparation to image analysis

Date:
21 Jan – 07 Feb 2020

Target audience:
The aim for this course is to improve the microscopy skills of students and researchers who have already used a microscope to acquire digital images of fluorescent samples and want to improve their skills.

Registrations are closed but all lectures are open to everyone without registration.

  *   The schedule and details of the venue are here<https://ki.se/en/bionut/microscopy-course>.
  *   All lectures are also available online live. The link and instructions to watch are here<https://ki.se/en/bionut/learning-microscopy>.
  *   Make sure you check the schedule in case of last minutes changes.

If you are in Sweden, you are welcome to try some of the equipment on demo with your own sample.
To book at timeslot, please contact the responsible person directly.

  *   Light sheet microscope from M2Lasers: Valentina Loschiavo [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
     *   Fast imaging of large sample
     *   Overview function to navigate in the sample and find the region of interest
     *   800x800um field of view with 1um min resolution
     *   Any immersion media
     *   Sample size up to centimetres
  *   Wide Field microscope from Nikon with 3 different Andor cameras: Oliver Garner ([hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>)
     *   Nikon Ti2 microscope with 4 times larger field of view
     *   A front illuminated sCMOS camera: Good sensitivity and resolution, great speed, but a greyish background (Andor Zyla 4.2)
     *   A back-illuminated EM-CCD camera: highly sensitive camera with very dark background, but lower resolution and lower speed (Andor 897U)
     *   A back-illuminated sCMOS camera: same sensitivity and low background as an EM-CCD but better resolution and speed (Andor Sona)

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Sylvie Le Guyader, PhD
Live Cell Imaging Facility Manager
Karolinska Institutet- Bionut Dpt
Blickagången 16,
Room 7362 (lab)/7840 (office)
14157 Huddinge, Sweden
mobile: +46 (0) 73 733 5008
LCI website<https://ki.se/en/bionut/welcome-to-the-lci-facility>
Follow our microscopy blog!<http://microscopykarolinska.se/>

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.
Arvydas Matiukas Arvydas Matiukas

Re: [EXTERNAL] The LCI microscopy course is available online

Hi Sylvie,

I was very curios to see how 21st century communications work for
microscopy. Got up at 3AM local time, connected to zoom video meeting,
however ... No video and no audio (sound), only black screen with list
of 4 participants. Maybe I don't know some tricks with this zoom
software. But Go To Meeting works perfectly on all my computers.

Thanks ,
Arvydas

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Arvydas Matiukas, Ph.D.
Manager of NRB Shared Equipment
Director of Confocal&Two-Photon Core
SUNY Upstate Medical University

Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Email: [hidden email]

>>> Sylvie Le Guyader <[hidden email]> 01/17/20 11:11 AM >>>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.umn.edu_cgi-2Dbin_wa-3FA0-3Dconfocalmicroscopy&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=qySrL3iItbB2rjYjQZCYWXqrdUatEMhd4puXxlGhe_k&e=

Post images on
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.imgur.com&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=HpErAk6-aP0KX8KXMmfzilezJTp8roGHuWS8HWsXZ_A&e=
 and include the link in your posting.
*****

Date:

here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ki.se_en_bionut_microscopy-2Dcourse&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=VD3H9M7WA1kEktR-Gj8Vy_SoQo5k89hrpsuvCiAeirQ&e=
here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ki.se_en_bionut_learning-2Dmicroscopy&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=VXvhC283QUsLbKMXj7HSmD59QhqNsTS6hJhmljBruVU&e=
>.
  *   Make sure you check the schedule in case of last minutes changes.

If you are in Sweden, you are welcome to try some of the equipment on
demo with your own sample.
To book at timeslot, please contact the responsible person directly.

  *   Light sheet microscope from M2Lasers: Valentina Loschiavo
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
     *   Fast imaging of large sample
     *   Overview function to navigate in the sample and find the region
of interest
     *   800x800um field of view with 1um min resolution
     *   Any immersion media
     *   Sample size up to centimetres
  *   Wide Field microscope from Nikon with 3 different Andor cameras:
Oliver Garner
([hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>)
     *   Nikon Ti2 microscope with 4 times larger field of view
     *   A front illuminated sCMOS camera: Good sensitivity and
resolution, great speed, but a greyish background (Andor Zyla 4.2)
     *   A back-illuminated EM-CCD camera: highly sensitive camera with
very dark background, but lower resolution and lower speed (Andor 897U)
     *   A back-illuminated sCMOS camera: same sensitivity and low
background as an EM-CCD but better resolution and speed (Andor Sona)

Med vLive Cell Imaging Facility Manager
Karolinska Institutet- Bionut Dpt
Blickagången 16,
Room 7362 (lab)/7840 (office)
14157 Huddinge, Sweden
mobile: +46 (0) 73 733 5008
LCI
website<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ki.se_en_bionut_welcome-2Dto-2Dthe-2Dlci-2Dfacility&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=OnQoeEFqXlALU80I364K0bNl7qaPTDlI4iisI3zdmac&e=

Follow our microscopy
blog!<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__microscopykarolinska.se_&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=80zx03Gq6p6RUcif67mS1au8q5BTmYJBHG5oqZeim7s&e=

personuppgifter<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ki.se_medarbetare_integritetsskyddspolicy&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=0IBjOPFz9wdHWE94RC9VdqYxL2pGRwmUVKlfuD28Ozs&e=

here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ki.se_en_staff_data-2Dprotection-2Dpolicy&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=6A6_UResks3mzKFHV-fsd1OWOmKSsFECfOi4-wp95aM&e=
>.
Arvydas Matiukas Arvydas Matiukas

Re: The LCI microscopy course is available online- amazing experience

Sorry, false alarm and I assumes there was a learning curve for
everybody.  After 15-20 minutes everything was working perfectly.
I did not regret for getting up at 3AM my local time - Sylvie's lecture
was amazing - especially for biologists. I, as a microscopists with PhD
in physics/optics often get complaints from biology/medicine students
that my explanations contain too much physics (though I try to simlify
the physics/optics content as much as possible without loosing the
scientifically truthful representation). Also pace is very slow (for me)
and relevant to undergrad students.

My only main suggestion would be to post the starting time within the
zoom video meeting, e.g. via the chat window.

Best luck with your MEGA microscopy course! I will be happy to provide
my feedback to your private email.

Arvydas

>>> Arvydas Matiukas <[hidden email]> 01/21/20 3:51 AM >>>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.umn.edu_cgi-2Dbin_wa-3FA0-3Dconfocalmicroscopy&d=DwIDaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=aJoVPKAG19cJX9Flnq-ntEnozU7c0I4Is7XHEHyp7IQ&s=lkiBG6-SAgrW6xD9fJvxxefbJIB5qj1WDl2gwiwoYCg&e=

Post images on
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.imgur.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=aJoVPKAG19cJX9Flnq-ntEnozU7c0I4Is7XHEHyp7IQ&s=ceOufImeVoC6UYKrVKMD_zLZxZNTyglyLhsZMI-tnzs&e=

Date:

instructions there<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ki.se_en_bionut_learning-2Dmicroscopy&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=VXvhC283QUsLbKMXj7HSmD59QhqNsTS6hJhmljBruVU&e=
> [...]

>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing
your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal
data
here<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ki.se_en_staff_data-2Dprotection-2Dpolicy&d=DwIGaQ&c=ogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg&r=DtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k&m=QTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s&s=6A6_UResks3mzKFHV-fsd1OWOmKSsFECfOi4-wp95aM&e=
>.
Sylvie Le Guyader Sylvie Le Guyader

Re: The LCI microscopy course is available online- amazing experience

WOW!! Arvydas!!

You definitely made my day!! Thank you tons! I am eagerly waiting for your feedback.

Unfortunately I do not think I can put a time to my meeting because I am using something called my Personal meeting room. This allows us to always use the same exact link (the one of our website) for all webinars but not to put a time.

However I have sort of solved this by broadcasting the whole day non stop. I am careful in starting my lectures very much on time. Sorry that you had some trouble getting things to work. Please let me know offline what went wrong so that we can modify our instructions on our website.

So please check the schedule on this page<https://ki.se/en/bionut/microscopy-course>. Subject to (unlikely but possible) changes but we will keep the schedule on that page up to date! Check again before setting up your alarm clock! ;)

Thanks again Arvydas! This is a very nice encouragement to continue! :D

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Sylvie Le Guyader, PhD

Live Cell Imaging Facility Manager

Karolinska Institutet- Bionut Dpt

Blickagången 16,

Room 7362 (lab)/7840 (office)

14157 Huddinge, Sweden

mobile: +46 (0) 73 733 5008

LCI website

LCI microscopy blog

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.umn.edu%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwa%3FA0%3Dconfocalmicroscopy&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671926894&amp;sdata=XXiyWquBDN3cytBxDrDCZMQNb6lTgb8g67CGdUxA5SU%3D&amp;reserved=0

Post images on https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imgur.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671926894&amp;sdata=07HA6vk81bB4Hf56ryUfYB%2BHam0PV3Ze%2B4avuI2k1Ic%3D&amp;reserved=0 and include the link in your posting.

*****

Sorry, false alarm and I assumes there was a learning curve for everybody.  After 15-20 minutes everything was working perfectly.

I did not regret for getting up at 3AM my local time - Sylvie's lecture was amazing - especially for biologists. I, as a microscopists with PhD in physics/optics often get complaints from biology/medicine students that my explanations contain too much physics (though I try to simlify the physics/optics content as much as possible without loosing the scientifically truthful representation). Also pace is very slow (for me) and relevant to undergrad students.

My only main suggestion would be to post the starting time within the zoom video meeting, e.g. via the chat window.

Best luck with your MEGA microscopy course! I will be happy to provide my feedback to your private email.

Arvydas

>>> Arvydas Matiukas <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> 01/21/20 3:51 AM >>>

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttp-3A__lists.umn.edu_cgi-2Dbin_wa-3FA0-3Dconfocalmicroscopy%26d%3DDwIDaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DaJoVPKAG19cJX9Flnq-ntEnozU7c0I4Is7XHEHyp7IQ%26s%3DlkiBG6-SAgrW6xD9fJvxxefbJIB5qj1WDl2gwiwoYCg%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671926894&amp;sdata=s58uDgY0ItnqwxIwIO%2F7XmtdgxMKFQCFQ4N7SzQeCJ4%3D&amp;reserved=0=

Post images on

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttp-3A__www.imgur.com%26d%3DDwIDaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DaJoVPKAG19cJX9Flnq-ntEnozU7c0I4Is7XHEHyp7IQ%26s%3DceOufImeVoC6UYKrVKMD_zLZxZNTyglyLhsZMI-tnzs%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671926894&amp;sdata=sDvho%2FdLWuB3TtXd4u3B8J91tsn7iDPryAs7CWERPaw%3D&amp;reserved=0=

and include the link in your posting.

*****

Hi Sylvie,

I was very curios to see how 21st century communications work for microscopy. Got up at 3AM local time, connected to zoom video meeting, however ... No video and no audio (sound), only black screen with list of 4 participants. Maybe I don't know some tricks with this zoom software. But Go To Meeting works perfectly on all my computers.

Thanks ,

Arvydas

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Arvydas Matiukas, Ph.D.

Manager of NRB Shared Equipment

Director of Confocal&Two-Photon Core

SUNY Upstate Medical University

Syracuse, NY 13210, USA

Email: [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

>>> Sylvie Le Guyader <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> 01/17/20 11:11 AM >>>

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttp-3A__lists.umn.edu_cgi-2Dbin_wa-3FA0-3Dconfocalmicroscopy%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3DqySrL3iItbB2rjYjQZCYWXqrdUatEMhd4puXxlGhe_k%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671936890&amp;sdata=Z584UIdVyNCmhJUw2mT9YILkzCA8YQp%2BmAjAT%2F5cXHY%3D&amp;reserved=0=

Post images on

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttp-3A__www.imgur.com%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3DHpErAk6-aP0KX8KXMmfzilezJTp8roGHuWS8HWsXZ_A%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671936890&amp;sdata=icgHB%2F6viQFQMIpJMM5%2BYTRvaV3V7EdDT7BQKG6kz%2FU%3D&amp;reserved=0=

here<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttps-3A__ki.se_en_bionut_microscopy-2Dcourse%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3DVD3H9M7WA1kEktR-Gj8Vy_SoQo5k89hrpsuvCiAeirQ%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671936890&amp;sdata=DQ01OgvV1lJcSlaX475axurwd9MQuegc3Qpa%2BuKY7us%3D&amp;reserved=0=

instructions there<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttps-3A__ki.se_en_bionut_learning-2Dmicroscopy%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3DVXvhC283QUsLbKMXj7HSmD59QhqNsTS6hJhmljBruVU%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671936890&amp;sdata=wkL42CYOu8s111qswV%2BWN74djsJRDDdjxEo2FiIOX90%3D&amp;reserved=0=

>.

  *   Make sure you check the schedule in case of last minutes changes.

If you are in Sweden, you are welcome to try some of the equipment on demo with your own sample.

To book at timeslot, please contact the responsible person directly.

  *   Light sheet microscope from M2Lasers: Valentina Loschiavo

[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]%3cmailto:[hidden email]>>

[...]

website<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttps-3A__ki.se_en_bionut_welcome-2Dto-2Dthe-2Dlci-2Dfacility%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3DOnQoeEFqXlALU80I364K0bNl7qaPTDlI4iisI3zdmac%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671936890&amp;sdata=CT%2BFN7LC8aRtS6Kjui3RfMmibyBHu5K8Ax48zvB8haY%3D&amp;reserved=0=

Follow our microscopy

blog!<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttp-3A__microscopykarolinska.se_%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3D80zx03Gq6p6RUcif67mS1au8q5BTmYJBHG5oqZeim7s%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671946886&amp;sdata=YRj5f2Hek%2BQdFueZuPA0aUoj8JpMH9CIbRTYuHOWEDY%3D&amp;reserved=0=

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttps-3A__ki.se_medarbetare_integritetsskyddspolicy%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3D0IBjOPFz9wdHWE94RC9VdqYxL2pGRwmUVKlfuD28Ozs%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671946886&amp;sdata=KkY0sPf8fz5LzjeVDLfCiQrQ6hPVtTgCEv73CqQZf1c%3D&amp;reserved=0=

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Furldefense.proofpoint.com%2Fv2%2Furl%3Fu%3Dhttps-3A__ki.se_en_staff_data-2Dprotection-2Dpolicy%26d%3DDwIGaQ%26c%3Dogn2iPkgF7TkVSicOVBfKg%26r%3DDtXPX1Vw9uh8rqlCEC9BTBr2oYBP4dEG1ecsgK6l-4k%26m%3DQTHh-bM_GnjpwjLmIQ8pnVvQXPzXVshwJyRm6Tc172s%26s%3D6A6_UResks3mzKFHV-fsd1OWOmKSsFECfOi4-wp95aM%26e&amp;data=02%7C01%7Csylvie.le.guyader%40KI.SE%7Cc162b3b429234ae1f26108d79e61ad9d%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637152014671946886&amp;sdata=64Iojw67nt2veVmRM3jLGvI%2FFFedfUXz1J0zlg0gU3w%3D&amp;reserved=0=

>.

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.
Sylvie Le Guyader Sylvie Le Guyader

Re: The LCI microscopy course is available online- amazing experience

Please note that only the lectures marked in Green are public lectures.
Everything else is only for our students who are physically at the course.

Thanks for you for pointing this out Arvydas!:D

LCI microscopy blog<https://microscopykarolinska.se/>

> [...]

>.

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.
gdoherty gdoherty

Re: The LCI microscopy course is available online- amazing experience

This sounds like a wonderful course! I’m part of the staff at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City and I can think of many people who would benefit.

I wonder: Are the sessions being recorded and will links be posted once the course is complete? Thank you!

- Glenn
Sylvie Le Guyader Sylvie Le Guyader

Re: The LCI microscopy course is available online- amazing experience

Hi Glenn

Thanks for your kind words. I must say that I am delighted. We have had as many people in the online audience as in the class and got really nice comments. This is very encouraging indeed! Thank you all for waking up in the middle of the night to follow us! :)

I have recored most lectures so far but I must say that I have sometimes forgotten to start the recording on time.

I am going to talk to our university management to help us make this is real MOOC next year. This year we took the first step :we migrated the course to an online platform and I try to remember to record stuff. I will probably post them on our you tube channel.

Il keep the list posted. In the meantime you are welcome to follow us live.

Schedule (only the green parts are broadcasted) and link to follow the webinar: https://ki.se/en/bionut/microscopy-course

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Sylvie Le Guyader, PhD
Live Cell Imaging Facility Manager

Karolinska Institutet- Bionut
Hälsovägen 7C,
Room 7362 (lab)/7840 (office)
14157 Huddinge, Sweden
mobile: ‪+46 (0) 73 733 5008‬<tel:%E2%80%AA+46%20(0)%2073%20733%205008%E2%80%AC>
LCI website<https://ki.se/en/bionut/welcome-to-the-lci-facility>
Sign in to follow our microscopy blog<http://microscopykarolinska.se/>!

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.
Sylvie Le Guyader Sylvie Le Guyader

The LCI microscopy course is available online

Dear listers

I invite you to follow the LCI facility microscopy course which starts on Tuesday.
It is live online, free of charge and there is no need to register.
I love feedback so you are welcome to send me your comments, tell us about mistakes, bugs… to help us improve! 😃

Sylvie

Course title:
Microscopy: improve your imaging skills - from sample preparation to image analysis

Date:
26 Jan – 12 Feb 2021

Target audience:
The aim for this course is to improve the microscopy skills of students and researchers who have already used a microscope to acquire digital images of fluorescent samples but feel that more knowledge could help them.

Applications are closed but all lectures will be broadcasted live and open to anyone without registration.
The course covers the following topics:

  *   Optics, image formation, fluorescence, fluorophores, microscope and microscopy types
  *   Objectives and refraction index, Cameras and detectors
  *   Noise and background, Cameras and detectors, Bit depth and saturation, Multicolour imaging
  *   Resolution and contrast, Sample preparation, Immunostaining
  *   Nyquist sampling, Confocal and wide field settings, Scaling up and speeding up, High throughput/content
  *   Volume imaging, deconvolution, multiphoton, Clearing and expansion
  *   Live cell imaging, Fourier, AI, Super Resolution microscopy
  *   Data handling, OMERO.figure, Requirements for image analysis, Colocalization
  *   Image processing and analysis

Check the course schedule<https://ki.se/en/bionut/lci-microscopy-course> and details of how to join the Zoom webinars. Scroll down to read the kind testimonies of our dear students! 😊
Here<https://kiwas.ki.se/katalog/katalog/kurs/5374> is the course syllabus.

Hope you enjoy the LCI facility microscopy course 2021! 😃