Ultramicrotome Leica EM UC6 software

Meritxell Vendrell Flotats Meritxell Vendrell Flotats

Ultramicrotome Leica EM UC6 software

Hello everyone,

I am writing from the Microscopy Facility of the Autonomous University of
Barcelona. I know this is a confocal mailing list but we are quite
desperate. We have an ultramicrotome from Leica, the EM UC6 model. Two days
ago, we worked with it all morning, we turned it off and later it could not
initialize again. "Operating system not found" is the message that appears
on the screen every time we try to turn it on. Leica says it is an obsolete
equipment and they have no spare parts to replace it (the chip or
component), and they cannot provide us with the software. This implies
buying a whole new equipment. We wonder if anyone either has the software
or an idea of how to boot up the system, as we think we could try to do it
ourselves.

Thank you very much in advance.

Meritxell Vendrell-Flotats
Research technician
Servei de Microscòpia
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
jlribas jlribas

Re: Ultramicrotome Leica EM UC6 software

Dear Meritxell,

The same happened to us 4 years ago with our UC7. The problem is the
corrupted Operative System y a card inside the UC7 touchscreen. If you
know someone with and intact UC6 you cold try to clone a new one.

It is incredible for me that Leica doesn't support UC6 ultramicrotomes.
They are relatively new models.

Best regards

Juan Luis

--