Virtual LM Facilities Meeting - Jan 2021

Peter O'Toole-2 Peter O'Toole-2

Virtual LM Facilities Meeting - Jan 2021

Hi All

Open to all. Similar to the establishing safe Covid-19 working practice
meetings, we are running more general LM Facilities Meeting on the 5-6 Jan
2021

https://www.rms.org.uk/virtual-uk-light-microscopy-facility-meeting-2021.html

The UK LMFM meeting is an annual meeting, and as we are going Virtual, we
(Alex Sossick and Peter O'Toole) are taking this opportunity to join once
again with colleagues (Alison North and Claire Brown) from the BioImaging
North America (BINA) group and open the meeting globally. Following on from
the successful facility meetings to establish safe working practices in the
COVID-19 era, it is a great opportunity to continue to collaborate and
share knowledge.

From very humble beginnings, we have grown to a much more significant and
influential community of facility managers. Numbers of attendees have grown
10 fold since the first meeting in 2006 as more and more facilities have
opened. We now represent one of the best organised facility groupings in
the UK if not indeed the world.

Following on from previous years, you can expect to find out more on the
latest developments in UK Bioimaging and how we can feed in to wider
international groups that are starting up.  We will also discuss some of
the basic elements (funding, impact measures) of running a core facility as
well as the latest technological and application developments that effect
ourselves and our users. Once again we will include Crib talks from
attendees.

There will be two afternoon sessions covering a range of diverse topics
which we hope most can attend, whilst we have added a UK centric session on
the morning of the second day (all welcome, but we suspect most will be UK
based at this time of day) where we will hear directly
from national funders as well as national initiatives.

Please sign up using the below link and we hope to see you there!

https://www.rms.org.uk/virtual-uk-light-microscopy-facility-meeting-2021.html

Best

Pete

--
---
Watch or Listen: 'The Microscopists'  <http://bit.ly/the-microscopists-pt>
Latest Publications:
B-cell Zone Reticular Cell Microenvironments Shape CXCL13 Gradient
Formation - Nature Comms 2020 - preprint
<http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/158426/1/Cosgrove_et_al_Nat_Comms_accepted_MS_compress.pdf>
Metastatic breast cancer cells induce altered microglial morphology &
electrical excitability in vivo -  Journal of Neuroinflammation 2020
<https://jneuroinflammation.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12974-020-01753-0>
[image: Follow me on twitter png, Follow me on twitter png Transparent ...]
<https://twitter.com/YorkBioimaging>
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/peter-o-toole/1b/b79/444>
Dr Peter O'Toole
Director of the Bioscience Technology Facility
Head of Imaging and Cytometry
Bioscience Technology Facility
Department of Biology (Area 15)
University of York