Visualisation of Hemin

Leandro Lemgruber Soares Leandro Lemgruber Soares

Visualisation of Hemin

Hi list

a user in our facility wants to visualise which cells take up/bind Hemin. The available Hemin antibody isn't working well, so we wonder if we could directly visualise hemin - we think it would emit some fluorescence itself.
My question is: has anyone done such a thing? And if yes, would be willing to share your set-up and expertise?

All the best

Leandro
Michael Doube-2 Michael Doube-2

Re: Visualisation of Hemin

Hi Leandro,

Seems like there is quite a literature on hemin fluorescence and detection.

Something like this might be adaptable for microscopy:

A simple and sensitive fluorescent assay for hemin detection based on artemisinin-thiamine

https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.06.052

Good luck!

Michael

--
[Jockey Club College of Veterinary Medicine and                      Life Sciences - City University of Hong Kong]

Dr. Michael Doube
BVSc, BPhil, PhD, PGCert Vet Ed, MRCVS, FRMS

Associate Professor
Department of Infectious Diseases
and Public Health

5/F, Block 2, To Yuen Building
31 To Yuen Street
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3442 5296
Fax: (852) 3442 0589
Website: www.cityu.edu.hk/ph<http://www.cityu.edu.hk/ph>

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.