WiTec Alpha300 with SHG - any experiences?

Leila Mostaço-Guidolin Leila Mostaço-Guidolin

WiTec Alpha300 with SHG - any experiences?

Dear microscopy colleagues,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am a new Assistant Prof at Carleton U in Ottawa, Canada (I started here 2 months before the pandemic was officially declared! :)), and I am in the process of (slowly) establishing my tissue engineering/imaging lab. I am wondering if anybody here has had experience with the newly released (2020) SHG 'module' for the WiTec alpha 300 microspectrometer ( https://www.witec.de/resources-and-education/news/post/2020/07/295 <https://www.witec.de/resources-and-education/news/post/2020/07/295> )?

If you have any experience using it to characterize biological samples, would you mind sharing it with me? Or, if you have any comments about other systems with similar capabilities (Raman mapping + SHG*), I would be very interested in hearing about your experience.

Thanks in advance!
Leila.

Leila Mostaço-Guidolin, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Assistant Professor