hydrodynamic diameter of RhodamineB

XIN ZHAO-4 XIN ZHAO-4

hydrodynamic diameter of RhodamineB

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Hi, dear all:
          This is Xin Zhao, a phd student in Univerisity of Queensland.  I need to determine the hydrodynamic diameter of RhodamineB now. i just wonder does anyone know about it already and tell me about this with the reference, or which instrument is the best for the measurement. Thanks so much for any help!! i have contacted with the company:sigma but they do not have any information regarding to the hydrodynamic diameter. Also, i could not find on the internet.

Cheers!
Xin Zhao
Rosemary.White Rosemary.White

Re: hydrodynamic diameter of RhodamineB

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Re: hydrodynamic diameter of RhodamineB Hi Xin,

Try looking up hydrodynamic radius rather than diameter, or look up the Stokes radius – you will get more hits on the web.

The hydrodynamic radius of sulforhodamine, which will be similar to rhodamine B, is about 0.7 nm.  I’ve forgotten the reference, but if you google Stokes’ radius and plant cell-cell transport or plasmodesmata, you’ll get it.

cheers,
Rosemary

Dr Rosemary White               [hidden email]
CSIRO Plant Industry            ph.     02-6246 5475
GPO Box 1600                        fax.     02-6246 5334
Canberra, ACT 2601
Australia