label for 2-photon applications

els vanstreels els vanstreels

label for 2-photon applications

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

Dear all,

Does anybody have suggestions about what would be a good dye to choose to label our favourite protein for 2-photon applications.  Which dyes get excited most efficiently (in our hands we did for example not get very satisfying results with Alexa488)?  Are there dyes that get excited more efficiently in 2-photon than GFP does in 1-photon excitation?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Els

Dr. Ir. Els Vanstreels

Rega Institue for Medical Research

Minderbroedersstraat 10

3000 Leuven

Belgium

Tel.: +32-16332881

Fax.: +32-16332131

Disclaimer: http://www.kuleuven.be/cwis/email_disclaimer.htm for more information.

Haberman, Ann Haberman, Ann

Re: label for 2-photon applications

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Re: label for 2-photon applications
Dear Els,

We find that AlexaFluor 568 and 633 work very well with 2p excitation at wavelengths of 850 -900 nm. But it sounds as if you are looking for a dye with a green emission. FITC is also easily excited with 2p lasers at 780-825 nm, but I am unsure how it compares to GFP in terms of efficiency.

-Ann

--
Ann Haberman, PhD
Connecticut Microscopy Society, President

Department of Laboratory Medicine
Yale University School of Medicine
300 Cedar Street
TAC S541