mmc2021: Submit your abstract now!

Peter O'Toole-2 Peter O'Toole-2

mmc2021: Submit your abstract now!

Abstract submission is now open for Microscience Microscopy Congress (mmc) 2021

Taking place virtually for the first time ever!

While many public events around the globe continue to be postponed or
cancelled due to COVID-19, the RMS has risen to the challenge of
running mmc2021 as a one-hundred-per-cent, virtual conference and
exhibition - the biggest online event of its kind in Europe - from 5 -
9 July.
The international event combines six parallel streams of conference
sessions with a free-to-attend exhibition, plus virtual meetings and
workshops covering all the latest topics. It serves as a golden
opportunity for companies - both large and small - to showcase a
quantity and quality of equipment that never fails to impress. It also
provides the perfect stage for delegates to showcase their work, make
new connections and broaden their knowledge base and skill-set.
Abstract submissions, in the form of both oral and poster
presentations, are now open at
www.mmc-series.org.uk/abstract-submission. All abstracts should be
submitted through the dedicated online system, which is being hosted
by Oxford Abstracts. The deadline is 18 March 2021

New opportunities
RMS Chief Executive Allison Winton said: "We took the early decision
to go virtual because of the obvious uncertainty surrounding the
Covid-19 pandemic, and the need to provide clarity for all our
exhibitors, delegates and visitors. Making that early call has given
us the time we need to fully explore the online format and ensure we
can get the very best out of it. It's also a great opportunity to
bring a new twist to the unique range of features for which mmc is
well-known."
"Although nothing can fully replace the experience of meeting
colleagues, clients and friends in person, moving the Congress online
means we can still deliver everything else that is great about mmc,
and ensure that mmc2021 will be accessible across the world."
She added: "This will be a new experience for everyone familiar with
the Congress, and we're really excited about exploring these
opportunities. We always strive to deliver the best event we possibly
can, and our delegates and visitors can rest assured there will be
plenty on offer for everyone in June."

What's in store?
The virtual format will offer a huge range of networking and
interaction possibilities, as well as an exciting scientific
programme. Meanwhile, our FREE-to-ATTEND virtual exhibition will offer
a plethora of opportunities for visitors to enhance their
knowledge-base - as well as providing valuable insights into the
latest products for the workplace. We will also be hosting on-line
versions of our usual range of meetings and workshops covering the
hottest emerging topics.
As an added bonus, there will be poster sessions featuring
cutting-edge research from all over the world, a gallery of
shortlisted images from the RMS Scientific Imaging Competition and
opportunities for delegates and exhibitors to interact and engage.
To find out more about the biggest virtual event of its kind in
Europe, and submit your abstract, visit www.mmc-series.org.uk
You can also use the website to sign up to our newsletters and keep up
to date with the latest announcements and news about the event.

Best
Pete

--
---
Watch or Listen: 'The Microscopists'

Dr Peter O'Toole
Director of the Bioscience Technology Facility
Head of Imaging and Cytometry
Bioscience Technology Facility
Department of Biology (Area 15)
University of York