not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Nuno Moreno Nuno Moreno

not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Does anyone knows any commercial widefield SYSTEM that makes an
adaptative focus. And I mean adaptative (follows the cell.

The other feature is a commercial system that keeps intensities, i.e.,
if you have something with different protein expression levels over
time, the system will correct the exposure time so that at the end the
intensities are constant.

Many thanks,
--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
fax   +351 214407970
Shalin Mehta Shalin Mehta

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Dear Nuno,

 Wouldn't auto-exposure on cameras suffice for maintaining constant intensity?

Apparently most of the commercial adaptive optics systems are geared towards astronomy. Perhaps you have known this already: http://cfao.ucolick.org/
Interesting to note that James Webb space telescope will have hardware and intelligence for adaptive optics evolved from algorithms developed for correcting aberrations for hubble telescope.

Regards,
Shalin

On Dec 7, 2007 10:43 PM, Nuno Moreno <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does anyone knows any commercial widefield SYSTEM that makes an
adaptative focus. And I mean adaptative (follows the cell.

The other feature is a commercial system that keeps intensities, i.e.,
if you have something with different protein expression levels over
time, the system will correct the exposure time so that at the end the
intensities are constant.

Many thanks,
--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt
http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt
phone +351 214464606
fax   +351 214407970

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shalin Mehta
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nuno Moreno Nuno Moreno

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Autoexpose will bleach everything, right?

Regarding the adaptative focus that I mentioned before, there are
commercial system that with minimum light and before an acquisition
"measure" the cell position and adapt the focus. But this is an half
adaptation. It could be that it does not need to readjust the focus.

What I was counting with would be after the acquisition, if it is out of
focus, it make the adjustment base in some kind of sensitivity
parameter. This could be after 10 time points but it might be that it
would never need such adjustment.

About the intensity variations I'm not talking about post processing
adjustments. If it gets saturated there are no post processing that can
help you.

Regards,
NM

fax   +351 214407970
Zoltan Zoltan

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
I've been thinking about building a system like that ever since one of our users started doing overnight recordings and his samples sometimes drift vertically and thus would need an autofocus system to correct for that.  If you could tap into the Z-controller circuit of your system, you would be able to drive that with a signal that's proportional to the vertical drift.  The drift could be scaled with e.g. calculating average intensity during a Z-stack from a certain area of the image that's fairly thin.  Similar logic would work for the autoexposure as well.  Want to try it?

Zoltan

--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt
http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt
phone +351 214464606
fax   +351 214407970

Zoltan Cseresnyes
Facility manager, Imaging Suite
Dept. of Zoology University of Cambridge
Downing Street, Cambridge
CB2 3EJ    UK

Tel.: (++44) (0)1223 769282
Fax.: (++44) (0)1223 336676
Engstrom, Lars Engstrom, Lars

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

I just re-read your message and realize you are looking for cell tracking ability. I know MediaCybernetics acquisition software QED has a cell tracking function. I never used it and don't think it included an autofocus but I really liked their user interface and many of their features.
http://www.mediacy.com/index.aspx?page=InVivo
No commercial interest.

-Lars

fax   +351 214407970
Engstrom, Lars Engstrom, Lars

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
Nikon has a Perfect Focus System I believe for their TE2000 series. It uses an LED (770nm) to focus on the coverslip and adjust Z prior to image acquisition.

I haven't tried it but sounds similar to what you are looking for and could use their system as an example for building your own.

-Lars

--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt
http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt
phone +351 214464606
fax   +351 214407970

Zoltan Cseresnyes
Facility manager, Imaging Suite
Dept. of Zoology University of Cambridge
Downing Street, Cambridge
CB2 3EJ    UK

Tel.: (++44) (0)1223 769282
Fax.: (++44) (0)1223 336676
Nuno Moreno Nuno Moreno

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Yes. In fact I just did it and I was wondering if there was some kind of
commercial solution to compare.

Even Deltavison what they do is having a switchable auto-focus that
exposes with low light before taking the "real" picture, which is not
adaptative. It might work better than mine because thinks are better
integrated but it is not more elegant :)

The adaptative exposure its so stupidly simple that I don't know why it
is not integrated the most of the well know software. Not IPP, metamorph
, Leica, Zeiss or Deltavision...as far has I know.

Maybe I have to sell it ;).

Regards,
NM

--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt
http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt
phone +351 214464606
fax   +351 214407970
Nuno Moreno Nuno Moreno

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

This does not track cells that are moving in Z, right?

--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt
http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt
phone +351 214464606
fax   +351 214407970
Nuno Moreno Nuno Moreno

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Yes, but again autofocus is a concept that I never liked. This means
exposing your cells to more light...and it might be that cells are just
at the same place!

Regards,
NM

--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt
http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt
phone +351 214464606
fax   +351 214407970
Bill Miller-3 Bill Miller-3

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

see http://www.pnas.org/cgi/content/full/103/46/17137

At 06:17 PM 12/7/2007 +0000, Nuno Moreno wrote:

> [...]
>>      > --
>>      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>      > Shalin Mehta
>>      > Graduate Student in Bioengineering, NUS
>>      > mobile: +65-90694182
>>      > blog: shalin.wordpress.com <http://shalin.wordpress.com/>
>>     <http://shalin.wordpress.com <http://shalin.wordpress.com/>>
>>      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>     --
>>     Nuno Moreno
>>     Cell Imaging Unit
>>     Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
>>     http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt <http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt/>
>>     http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt <http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt/>
>>     phone +351 214464606
>>     fax   +351 214407970
>>

>>--
>>--
>>Zoltan Cseresnyes
>>Facility manager, Imaging Suite
>>Dept. of Zoology University of Cambridge

Cathcart, Chris Cathcart, Chris

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Been following this string . If this is such a big problem, everyone should be on the TiPFS system. New system is absolutely perfect.

BTW, how come you'r not down in the islands? I need a place to go to soon. Visiting friends in NC this weekend after the ASCB meeting, saw Barbara .

Chris Cathcart

Nikon Confocal Imaging

416-554-2512

Visit www.nikonconfocal.com

> [...]

>>      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>      > Shalin Mehta
>>      > Graduate Student in Bioengineering, NUS
>>      > mobile: +65-90694182
>>      > blog: shalin.wordpress.com <http://shalin.wordpress.com/>
>>     <http://shalin.wordpress.com <http://shalin.wordpress.com/>>
>>      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>     --
>>     Nuno Moreno
>>     Cell Imaging Unit
>>     Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
>>     http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt <http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt/>
>>     http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt <http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt/>
>>     phone +351 214464606
>>     fax   +351 214407970
>>

>>--
>>--
>>Zoltan Cseresnyes
>>Facility manager, Imaging Suite
>>Dept. of Zoology University of Cambridge Downing Street, Cambridge

named recipient(s) only.
Julio Vazquez Julio Vazquez

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal -
Hi Nuno,

 I have some thoughts (but not any useful answer, I'm afraid)...

1. Do you want to track cells in x,y too, or only in z?    In addition to the Nikon implementation already mentioned, on the Zeiss 510 one can "autofocus" on the inner surface of the coverslip, and then move the focal plane to a specified distance from that surface. This will correct for drift of the focus drive.  On the DeltaVision, the autofocus function takes a  series of images around the previous z location, finds the plane of highest intensity, and then recenters the stack at the new z position. In both cases, the systems look for the most intense image and use that as the new reference.  By using a combination of both approaches, in iteration, one could compensate both for mechanical drift, as well as for drift of the cell inside the sample.  The problem is that the most intense plane is not necessarily the one you want, and/or may change within the sample over time. In photography, autofocus is achieved by looking for maximum contrast, rather than max intensity, and I could imagine something like this being implemented in microscopy.  I think these approaches will work fine if you have a single cell in your field of view, but once you have many, how does one teach the software to  pay attention to one specific cell and ignore the others, so that focus doesn't keep jumping between cells? Some image analysis software have tools for object tracking, where individual objects (cells) are identified based on total intensity, and possibly morphological parameters. I guess one could use such an approach to force the microscope to stay on one specific object and track it in x,y,z over time, but complex samples where there are many cells changing shape and intensity over time would be very difficult for the software to track... We have experienced this when trying to track objects for analysis purposes... it works OK with good images and few objects, but gets messy rather quickly otherwise

2. Regarding the autoexposure issue, again DeltaVision has a function where a brief series of short exposures is taken and then exposure time is set a value that gives a preset max intensity.  This is probably how most autoexposure routines work with microscopy acquisition software, and while it is true that some implementations use quite heavy doses of exposure, the DeltaVision implementation generally uses only a small fraction of the exposure time you would use for normal acquisition. Bleaching is certainly increased, but not outrageously.

What you suggest is a system where images are collected, and based on post-acquisition analysis of one given image, exposure would be adjusted for the next time point, therefore avoiding the need for extra exposure required by a conventional autoexposure routine. The major problem I see with this is that if one time point is grossly overexposed (saturated), how does the software calculate the correction factor for the next time point? In addition, such a system is clearly most important in cases where the intensity of the sample is changing significantly. But then, how can the software predict the rate of change? It might work if the rate is linear, but even so, one has to wait for an image to deviate from the desired exposure level to implement a change for to bring the next exposure to a desired value... we would still end up with stacks of varying intensities cycling around an optimal value...  Finally, one problem we have seen with systems based on feedback from average image intensities, is that the object you are interested in may be a minor contributor to the total image intensity, and therefore your autofocus, or autoexposure, may be responding to extraneous things that are irrelevant for your experiment.  For instance, if you base your autoexposure on total image intensity, and your cell is quite small, the autoexposure may be following the changes in background fluorescence, and not the changes in your cell. On the other hand, if it is adjusting to the max intensity, then you have to find a field where the cell of interest is also the brightest object...

3. Most tracking system I can think of use some sort of live feed back: the autofocus on your photo camera estimates the distance to the object just before you click the shutter, or, if in "continuous" mode, keeps measuring and estimating the distance, so that when you click the shutter, the camera will focus where it thinks the object will be. You still need to tell the camera which object to focus on (by keeping it in the crosshair), or use some fancy algorithm that makes assumptions as to what the object of interest looks like. I suppose a missile tracking system would also rely on continuous feed back in real time to anticipate the next location of the missile.  I think such a system will most likely fail if the time delay between measurement and action increases, if the object has a highly non-linear trajectory (changes of direction and velocity), and if there is crowding (1 missile to track among 100 identical decoys).  Unfortunately, most of these caveats seem to apply to some extent in real-life microscopy, and that is perhaps why an autoexpose/autofocus function just before acquisition might be the most reliable... On the other hand, if you can implement a system such as the one you describe, I would love to invest in your business (although I don't have that much to invest, unfortunately)! We actually had a user who wanted to follow yeast cells as they underwent mitosis, and those guys do jump around like crazy. Eventually, she did what you suggest, except that she was part of the feed back loop: she just kept looking at the images on the monitor as they were being acquired and manually refocusing the microscope. Couldn't find any software that would do that better than she did...

--
Julio Vazquez
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

On Dec 7, 2007 10:43 PM, Nuno Moreno <[hidden email] <[hidden email]>> wrote:
[...]

Michael Weber-4 Michael Weber-4

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Dear all,

the solution for the "auto exposure" function might be Controlled Light
Exposure Microscopy (CLEM), which controlls the excitation time for every
pixel via a feed-back loop while acquiring. But with this technique we are
coming back to Confocals:

http://www.nikoninstruments.eu/news.php?n=550

Since Nikon also offers the hardware autofocus system, it might be one
idea to go for a C1. Still, cell movement has to be compensated by
acquiring several Z-stacks. However, if you are in a focal plane without
signal, the CLEM feature should avoid useless exposure. I have never seen
such a system in action, but it sounds nice. Maybe some customers can
comment on that?!

cheers,
Michael

> [...]
>>> http://cfao.ucolick.org/
>>> Interesting to note that James Webb space telescope will have
>>> hardware and intelligence for adaptive optics evolved from
>>> algorithms developed for correcting aberrations for hubble telescope.
>>> Regards,
>>> Shalin
>>> On Dec 7, 2007 10:43 PM, Nuno Moreno <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>     Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>>>     http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal
>>>     Does anyone knows any commercial widefield SYSTEM that makes an
>>>     adaptative focus. And I mean adaptative (follows the cell.
>>>     The other feature is a commercial system that keeps
>>> intensities, i.e.,
>>>     if you have something with different protein expression levels
>>> over
>>>     time, the system will correct the exposure time so that at the

Nuno Moreno Nuno Moreno

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

I'm very happy with all this replies. I would never guess that this was
such an interesting/actual topic. Bellow you can find some answers to
very important points.

I think there is a new concept born here: ADAPTATIVE MICROSCOPY. The
name looks nice and I hope in a near future all manufacturers will have
a similar packaged.

;)

Regards,
NM

Julio Vazquez wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal -
> Hi Nuno,
>
>  I have some thoughts (but not any useful answer, I'm afraid)...
>
> 1. Do you want to track cells in x,y too, or only in z?    In addition
> to the Nikon implementation already mentioned, on the Zeiss 510 one can
> "autofocus" on the inner surface of the coverslip, and then move the
> focal plane to a specified distance from that surface. This will correct
> for drift of the focus drive.  On the DeltaVision, the autofocus
> function takes a  series of images around the previous z location, finds
> the plane of highest intensity, and then recenters the stack at the new
> z position. In both cases, the systems look for the most intense image
> and use that as the new reference.  By using a combination of both
> approaches, in iteration, one could compensate both for mechanical
> drift, as well as for drift of the cell inside the sample.  The problem
> is that the most intense plane is not necessarily the one you want,
> and/or may change within the sample over time. In photography, autofocus
> is achieved by looking for maximum contrast, rather than max intensity,
> and I could imagine something like this being implemented in
> microscopy.  I think these approaches will work fine if you have a
> single cell in your field of view, but once you have many, how does one
> teach the software to  pay attention to one specific cell and ignore the
> others, so that focus doesn't keep jumping between cells? Some image
> analysis software have tools for object tracking, where individual
> objects (cells) are identified based on total intensity, and possibly
> morphological parameters. I guess one could use such an approach to
> force the microscope to stay on one specific object and track it in
> x,y,z over time, but complex samples where there are many cells changing
> shape and intensity over time would be very difficult for the software
> to track... We have experienced this when trying to track objects for
> analysis purposes... it works OK with good images and few objects, but
> gets messy rather quickly otherwise
Yes. I'm not saying the system is perfect. It is correction for a
"contrast normalization" but when you have to many cells it can be
confused. It is for specific applications but its so simple that I was
just wondering why it is still not implemented yet.

> 2. Regarding the autoexposure issue, again DeltaVision has a function
> where a brief series of short exposures is taken and then exposure time
> is set a value that gives a preset max intensity.  This is probably how
> most autoexposure routines work with microscopy acquisition software,
> and while it is true that some implementations use quite heavy doses of
> exposure, the DeltaVision implementation generally uses only a small
> fraction of the exposure time you would use for normal acquisition.
> Bleaching is certainly increased, but not outrageously.
I absolutely agree!

> What you suggest is a system where images are collected, and based on
> post-acquisition analysis of one given image, exposure would be adjusted
> for the next time point, therefore avoiding the need for extra exposure
> required by a conventional autoexposure routine. The major problem I see
> with this is that if one time point is grossly overexposed (saturated),
> how does the software calculate the correction factor for the next time
> point?
It goes gradually to the target value. You will get the over exposed
value but I don't see how it will get such a big difference.
Here you can find and example of a time laplse of more than 13 hours
where the exposure time of one channel decreased from ~6000 milliseconds
to ~1500 milliseconds with no post processing. I must admit that without
post processing shorter exposure times or higher time between frames you
will get flickering. http://uic.igc.gulbenkian.pt/pics/adaptExpTimeXvid.avi

In addition, such a system is clearly most important in cases
> where the intensity of the sample is changing significantly. But then,
> how can the software predict the rate of change? It might work if the
> rate is linear, but even so, one has to wait for an image to deviate
> from the desired exposure level to implement a change for to bring the
> next exposure to a desired value... we would still end up with stacks of
> varying intensities cycling around an optimal value...

yes but you can correct those small changes by software afterwords.
Finally, one
> problem we have seen with systems based on feedback from average image
> intensities, is that the object you are interested in may be a minor
> contributor to the total image intensity, and therefore your autofocus,
> or autoexposure, may be responding to extraneous things that are
> irrelevant for your experiment.
Yes. If there is external factors like a bit of crap floating around
your are done.

   For instance, if you base your
> autoexposure on total image intensity, and your cell is quite small, the
> autoexposure may be following the changes in background fluorescence,
> and not the changes in your cell. On the other hand, if it is adjusting
> to the max intensity, then you have to find a field where the cell of
> interest is also the brightest object...
This night there is a timelapse with a malaria parasite and a cell
stained with lisotraker. It will not work very well for the parasite
because its vary small. The focus adaptation is made in the cell
lysotracker channel.

> 3. Most tracking system I can think of use some sort of live feed back:
> the autofocus on your photo camera estimates the distance to the object
> just before you click the shutter, or, if in "continuous" mode, keeps
> measuring and estimating the distance, so that when you click the
> shutter, the camera will focus where it thinks the object will be. You
> still need to tell the camera which object to focus on (by keeping it in
> the crosshair), or use some fancy algorithm that makes assumptions as to
> what the object of interest looks like. I suppose a missile tracking
> system would also rely on continuous feed back in real time to
> anticipate the next location of the missile.
The system does not make prediction, yet.
   I think such a system will

> most likely fail if the time delay between measurement and action
> increases, if the object has a highly non-linear trajectory (changes of
> direction and velocity), and if there is crowding (1 missile to track
> among 100 identical decoys).  Unfortunately, most of these caveats seem
> to apply to some extent in real-life microscopy, and that is perhaps why
> an autoexpose/autofocus function just before acquisition might be the
> most reliable... On the other hand, if you can implement a system such
> as the one you describe, I would love to invest in your business
> (although I don't have that much to invest, unfortunately)! We actually
> had a user who wanted to follow yeast cells as they underwent mitosis,
> and those guys do jump around like crazy.

on this case it will not work properly unless you are imaging a single
or few yeasts. What you can give is a sensitivity value that will adjust
focus more often but you might come up to a point where its always
trying to get the best focus and will bleach more than it should. In
this case the deltavision solution will probably work better.

Eventually, she did what you
> suggest, except that she was part of the feed back loop: she just kept
> looking at the images on the monitor as they were being acquired and
> manually refocusing the microscope. Couldn't find any software that
> would do that better than she did...
Yes but if your timelapse is more than 10 hours...

--
Nuno Moreno
Cell Imaging Unit
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
http://uic.igc.gulbekian.pt
http://www.igc.gulbekian.pt
phone +351 214464606
fax   +351 214407970
lechristophe lechristophe

Re: not a confocal question - features of a widefield

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal I'm not sure what you're looking for, but you can have a look at this method for live 3D tracking of cells that allow the microscope to "follow" the cells :

J Microsc. 2004 Nov;216(Pt 2):131-7.
Automatic real-time three-dimensional cell tracking by fluorescence microscopy.
Rabut G, Ellenberg J.
doi:10.1111/j.0022-2720.2004.01404.x

The article is freely available on the blackwell/synergy website.

Christophe

On Dec 7, 2007, at 2:03 PM, Nuno Moreno wrote:

Eventually, she did what you

suggest, except that she was part of the feed back loop: she just kept looking at the images on the monitor as they were being acquired and manually refocusing the microscope. Couldn't find any software that would do that better than she did...

Yes but if your timelapse is more than 10 hours...

Even so, it should be no problem...  you can always find motivated grad students. Besides, a one year grad student stipend  costs about the same as a 1-year maintenance agreement for some of the imaging software packages we own...

Just (barely) kidding!

Julio.
Pedro Camello Pedro Camello

Advice for a cheap confocal

Hi all,

I would like suggestions for acquisition of the cheapest useful confocal
for live cell imaging (laser or disk-based). We have an old Biorad 1024
(Nikon based) but its lifetime is approaching.

Thanks

--
Dr Pedro J Camello
Dpt Physiology
Fax:927257110
F Javier Díez Guerra F Javier Díez Guerra

Re: Advice for a cheap confocal

Pedro,

Recientemente, tras el traslado al nuevo
edificio, hemos renovado un sistema de
microscopia confocal Radiance 2000 de BioRad. Se
trata de un microscopio Zeiss Axiovert 100
(invertido) con optica 25x, 40x y 63x (DIC), y tres laseres (488, 543, 633).

Habla con Ramón Monteagudo o Pepe Sanz (Grupo
Taper) para más información sobre componentes y coste.

Un saludo,

At 17:44 09/12/2007, you wrote:

>Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
>Hi all,
>
>I would like suggestions for acquisition of the cheapest useful confocal
>for live cell imaging (laser or disk-based). We have an old Biorad 1024
>(Nikon based) but its lifetime is approaching.
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>Dr Pedro J Camello
>Dpt Physiology
>Faculty of Veterinary Sciences
>University of Extremadura
>10071 Caceres
>Spain
>Ph: 927257100 Extension 1321
>Fax:927257110

F Javier Diez-Guerra, PhD
Profesor Titular
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa
C/ Nicolás Cabrera, 1
Universidad Autónoma
Ctra Colmenar Viejo Km 15
Cantoblanco, 28049 Madrid
SPAIN

phone:  +34 91 196 4612
e-mail: [hidden email]
Ken Bell-2 Ken Bell-2

Re: Advice for a cheap confocal

Dear Dr Camello,

I saw your request for a low cost confocal on the confocal listserver.

VisiTech International are manufacturers of confocal imaging systems.
We are able to offer a variety of confocal technologies including
spinning disc systems from Yokogawa, an advanced multi-point confocal
scanner of our own design which eliminates the artefacts normally
associated with spinning disc systems, and a high speed single point
confocal system using Acousto Optical Deflection technology.

I would like to discuss your requirements to see how best we can help
you to obtain a confocal system within your budget.

When would be a good time to call you?

Best regards
Ken

Ken Bell