open position: Advanced Microscopist @ (bio-)Imaging Facility, I.S.T. Austria

Gabriel KRENS-2 Gabriel KRENS-2

open position: Advanced Microscopist @ (bio-)Imaging Facility, I.S.T. Austria

Dear all,

The (bio-)imaging facility @ IST Austria is seeking a service oriented team-player to strengthen its team. We would highly welcome a microscopist who is interested to help us with training researchers and the maintenance & quality control of our machine park. We seek for motivated and creative minds that have a strong affinity for quantitative image application and are keen to help with making both open source as well as commercial image analysis solutions available for a wide variety of users.

IST Austria -> https://ist.ac.at/en/home/ 1<https://ist.ac.at/en/home/>
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment.

(bio-)Imaging Facility -> https://bif.pages.ist.ac.at
The (bio-)Imaging Facility of I.S.T. Austria provides state-of the art Advanced Microscopy services, Flow Cytometry services, as well as custom Image Analysis and Optical Development services. We are enlarging our team and are searching for a full time advanced microscopist.

Your responsibilities

  *   Support of basic facility operations: routine care of the microscopy equipment, (basic) training of the users, etc.
  *   Support and development of advanced quantitative microscopy-based measurements, e.g.recording and analysis of calcium dynamics, optimisation of large data work-flow and machine learning.
  *   Project based tasks, such as: optimization of cleared tissue imaging, organoid imaging methods and real-time image analysis based feedback microscopy
  *   Assistance in teaching and organization of annual microscopy courses

Your profile

  *   PhD or relevant education, research- or work- experience involving quantitative microscopy techniques in the field of life science e.g. biology, biophysics, neuroscience and knowledge of quantitative biophysical applications.
  *   Experience with advanced and quantitative microscopy applications (e.g. multi-photon imaging, FRAP, laser assisted micro-dissection, etc.)
  *   Familiar with at least some of the following programs / languages: ImageJ/FIJI (advanced), Imaris, Huygens, Ilastik, Matlab, Micro-Manager, Python
  *   Excellent organizational, project management and English skills
  *   Team-oriented work spirit, reliable, precise, ability to work independently

Are you eager to help out, motivated, structured, keen to develop and share? Please apply by submitting your application, including motivation letter, CV, references and certificates by email to recruiting[AT]ist.ac.at