FW: Vendors for black-out curtains

Ian Montgomery Ian Montgomery

FW: Vendors for black-out curtains

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

            Think seriously of another solution e.g. safelights. Black-out curtains, in my experience, are the kiss of death. Think about the air conditioning in the room and how these curtains will affect it. The enclosed areas, how close are the curtains to the microscopes and will they cause local heating to microscope and computers? Be very cautious of the long term impact these curtains will have on the instruments and users.

Re: FW: Vendors for black-out curtains

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

Jennifer

Search the CONFOCAL archive at <a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal" target="_blank"> http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

--

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.biotech.missouri.edu/mcc/" target="_blank">http://www.biotech.missouri.edu/mcc/

--
Jennifer Waters, Ph.D.
Director, Nikon Imaging Center at Harvard Medical School
Craig Brideau Craig Brideau

Re: FW: Vendors for black-out curtains

This is an excellent point.  We had to design our ventilation system
around the curtains; otherwise you can accidentally have an in-lab
sauna if your laser/microscope is enclosed in a curtained area with no
airflow.  One solution is to retrofit each curtained area with in-wall
A/C units if your budget allows.

Craig