LEICA CONCOCAL SOFTWARE TRIGGERING...

Tino Jäger Tino Jäger

LEICA CONCOCAL SOFTWARE TRIGGERING...

I want to ask, if anyone is experienced in triggering the Leica Confocal
Software (LCS).

We want to trigger a Leica SP2 with the heartbeat of a rat during image
acquisition.

Every single frame during a scan should be triggered. We image for ~ 2
min, one frame every 400 ms (~ 2 Hz). During the 2 min data acquisition
the heartbeat rate changes and therefore every single frame needs to be
triggered (not only the beginning of data acquisition).

Does anyone know answers to the following questions?

How long is the delay between the trigger input and scan start (start of
data acquisition)?
More important, is this delay constant or variable during the
acquisition period?
We tried to trigger the laser with 1 Hz, defining one job in the life
data mode (time interval 0, frames 1, next job: job 1 – rerun) but the
software crashes.
(life data mode; input: TTL-pulses (5 V, 20 ms); acquisition: frame size
512 x 128; 400 Hz; bidirectional scan; xyt – recordings)
Moreover, every job creates one image. Is there a possibility to combine
them after every acquisition?

Thanks for your help!
Tino

--
Dr. Tino Jäger
Department of Neurophysiology

Tel:  +43-1-4277-62847
Secr: +43-1-4277-62835
FAX:  +43-1-4277-62865

http://www.meduniwien.ac.at
Heimo Wolinski Heimo Wolinski

Re: LEICA CONCOCAL SOFTWARE TRIGGERING...

--
HEIMO WOLINSKI, PhD

Institute of Molecular Biosciences (ZMB-Graz),
Department of Biochemistry,
Yeast Genetics Group,
Humboldtstrasse 50/II,
8010 Graz – Austria.

Email: [hidden email]
Phone: ++43 316 380 5489
Fax: ++43 316 380 9857

Web:
http://microscopy.uni-graz.at/
http://yeast.uni-graz.at/
http://imb.uni-graz.at/
Christian Götze Christian Götze

Re: LEICA CONCOCAL SOFTWARE TRIGGERING...

I think it depends how you want to trigger the software. Do you want to
do it by the COM interface? We control the LCS this way for acquiring
mosaic image data. The response time seems to be quite constant but I
don't know exact timings. If you are interested, we could do some timing
experiments.

I'm afraid, the LCS is not stable in any case if triggered by COM. It
depends highly on the version and the exact use case if an experiment
runs reliable...

Best regards,
Christian

Tino Jäger schrieb:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> I want to ask, if anyone is experienced in triggering the Leica Confocal
> Software (LCS).
>
> We want to trigger a Leica SP2 with the heartbeat of a rat during image
> acquisition.
>
> Every single frame during a scan should be triggered. We image for ~ 2
> min, one frame every 400 ms (~ 2 Hz). During the 2 min data acquisition
> the heartbeat rate changes and therefore every single frame needs to be
> triggered (not only the beginning of data acquisition).
>
> Does anyone know answers to the following questions?
>
> How long is the delay between the trigger input and scan start (start of
> data acquisition)?
> More important, is this delay constant or variable during the
> acquisition period?
> We tried to trigger the laser with 1 Hz, defining one job in the life
> data mode (time interval 0, frames 1, next job: job 1 – rerun) but the
> software crashes.
> (life data mode; input: TTL-pulses (5 V, 20 ms); acquisition: frame size
> 512 x 128; 400 Hz; bidirectional scan; xyt – recordings)
> Moreover, every job creates one image. Is there a possibility to combine
> them after every acquisition?
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Tino

| Christian Goetze   arivis, Multiple Image Tools GmbH |
|                    Schwaansche Str. 1                |
|                    18055 Rostock, Germany            |
| Tel: +49 (381) 461393-0                              |
| mailto:[hidden email]                   |