Ludl Mac Controller

Kevin Sunley Kevin Sunley

Ludl Mac Controller

Hello everyone,

Although this question isn't directly related to confocal microscopy, I
believe the question should find the right audience here.

We inherited a Ludl shutter/filter wheel and x-y stage with controller
recently.  However after working with the equipment, we've determined
that the controller is completely non-functional.  Our trouble shooting
ability has determined that the power supply of the control is working
properly, however it does not respond to any important or control any
external devices.

We're basically asking if any members of this group have any of the
older Ludl control boxes sitting in a back room gathering dust anywhere.
      Unfortunately, at this time we cannot spare the expense of a new
controller, nor of any expensive repair.

If anyone might have any leads towards an unused/obsoleted controller
somewhere, I'd great appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin Sunley
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Canada
Cliff Glier Cliff Glier

Re: Ludl Mac Controller

Hi Kevin,
Did you take a look at the Controller Dip Switch settings to ensure it is
configured to communicate properly with your computer?  The Ludl group
should have all of the original settings for the box.
Regards,
CPG

Winnipeg, Canada
B. Prabhakar Pandian B. Prabhakar Pandian

Re: Ludl Mac Controller

I presume you have checked the serial port cable. A faulty cable can
cause all the issues mentioned.
Ludl folks are very helpful in figuring out the problem. I would suggest
giving them a call also.

-Prabhakar

Kevin Sunley wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Although this question isn't directly related to confocal microscopy,
> I believe the question should find the right audience here.
>
> We inherited a Ludl shutter/filter wheel and x-y stage with controller
> recently.  However after working with the equipment, we've determined
> that the controller is completely non-functional.  Our trouble
> shooting ability has determined that the power supply of the control
> is working properly, however it does not respond to any important or
> control any external devices.
>
> We're basically asking if any members of this group have any of the
> older Ludl control boxes sitting in a back room gathering dust
> anywhere.      Unfortunately, at this time we cannot spare the expense
> of a new controller, nor of any expensive repair.
>
> If anyone might have any leads towards an unused/obsoleted controller
> somewhere, I'd great appreciate it.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kevin Sunley
> University of Manitoba
> Winnipeg, Canada

B. Prabhakar Pandian
CFD Research Corporation
Biomedical Technology
215 Wynn Drive
Huntsville, AL 35805
Ph: 256-726-4942
Fax: 256-726-4806
Craig Moore Craig Moore

Re: Ludl Mac Controller

Search the CONFOCAL archive at http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Hi Kevin:

Have you spoken to Ludl about this? I have worked with them (in selling Ludl solutions to our customers) for 15 years and they have always been extremely fair in their repair charges.

Cheers,

Craig

Craig J. Moore
Cellular Imaging and Analysis Sales Leader-Americas, Improvision Inc./Perkin Elmer
940 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: (650) 839-1403, Fax: (650) 839-1409
eFax: (928) 833-1403
Mobile: (415) 819-3600
Technical Support (866) 310-0932
NEW! UltraVIEW VoX:
High Speed 4D Confocal Imaging - for an Advanced View on Life