Meeting for microscopy facilities in UK

O'Toole, P O'Toole, P

Meeting for microscopy facilities in UK

Dear All

This is an open invitation to anyone who runs/or has an interest, in
light microscopy facilities to join us on Monday 14th January at the
Technology Facility, University of York. The meeting will be designed to
introduce various topics, such as;

Charging and FEC
Booking systems
Servicing
QA
Commercial companies and relations
Funding opportunities

Please feel free to suggest other topics and a more detailed programme
will be posted later in response to those requests. The meeting will be
structured around a 10 minute introduction to each topic followed by an
open discussion.

This meeting will hopefully set up a regular users meeting which will
travel to different locations over time. Please let me know if you wish
to attend so that lunch can be provided and I will forward future
information.

York itself is under 2 hours from London Kings Cross and just over 2
hours from Edinburgh with direct trains from many other locations. The
preliminary plan is to start the meeting from around 10:30 to permit
travel in the morning. The final agenda will dictate the final start and
finish times.

Best regards

Peter, Jeremy and Martin

--
Dr Peter O'Toole
Head of Imaging and Cytometry

Tel : +44 (0)1904 328722
Fax : +44 (0)1904 328804
email : [hidden email]
www.york.ac.uk/biology/tf
Yan Gu Yan Gu

Re: Meeting for microscopy facilities in UK

Dear Peter

Marry Christmas. It is a good idea. I will go if I don't have anything in
the way. I will let you know when the time approaches.

Best wishes,

Yan

www.york.ac.uk/biology/tf
Jeremy Skepper Jeremy Skepper

Re: Meeting for microscopy facilities in UK

Hi Peter,
         Great idea! but early January is unremitting! Good luck and I'd
like to talk to you about how the discussion go around FEC afterwards!

Best Regards

Jeremy

www.york.ac.uk/biology/tf
O'Toole, P O'Toole, P

Re: Meeting for microscopy facilities in UK

Hi Jeremy

Will be in touch shortly after. Hopefully this will be the first of an
annual meeting. We will see what the appetite is like as to whether it
is run more or less frequently.

Best

Pete

www.york.ac.uk/biology/tf
Kindle Karin Kindle Karin

Re: Meeting for microscopy facilities in UK

Dear Peter,

I would like to come along on monday.

Thanks very much and best wishes- and happy new year!!

Karin

Dr. rer. nat. Karin Kindle
School of Pharmacy
University of Nottingham